Chapter 20: New Family

White and Valerie walked into the room, their friends seeing that they were holding hands.

         ''Well, it's about time,'' Tucker said, getting slapped on the back of his head by Sam. ''Why am I the one always getting abused.''

          ''You people are weird,'' Sarah says.

           ''They're finally together,'' Danny cheered. ''Ember, you owe me five bucks.''

           The diva ghost grunted and gave him the five dollar bill.

          ''YOU GUYS BET ON US,'' the couple yelled at them.

          ''It was his/her idea,'' Danny and Ember blamed each other. ''It wasn't me. It was him/her.''

           ''They really do act like brother and sister,'' Sam stated.

           Everyone sat down, around the table. Above them flew in Sapphire. The dining room was so big that is was practically the ball room. So Sapphire was able to fly freely. Frostbite took a giant steak from a table nearby. He threw it to Sapphire.

          ''Eat up, great Winter dragon,'' he said, Sapphire downing the steak in one bite.

           ''I love that dragon,'' White chuckled.

           ''As long as she doesn't freeze the naiads again,'' Pandora says.

          ''That was one time,'' Danny protested, all the ghosts and magical beings bursting into laughter.

          Mr.Lancer looked at the twins with their friends. They were always called the Mystery Five. No one ever really knew what they did when ghosts showed up, since they all just seem to vanish. It had always been just the five of them. They were always so quiet in class and almost never payed attention.

         Here, it was different. They didn't have a care in the world. White was always so shy, but here he's respected and loved by the sirens. Danny was a distant kid, but the ghosts seem to bring out his inner social skills. Sam, Tucker, and Valerie also seemed like they fit in more here than they ever did around humans.

         ''So, Gold Siren and Phantom told us about going home tomorrow,'' White says. ''I agree with him on that you overstayed your welcome.''

         ''No kidding,'' Danny agreed. ''Everywhere we went, you tried to shoot someone. That doesn't exactly make a good first impression.''

          ''Or any impression, other than 'I want to kill you,'' Lena giggled.

         ''Seriously, your loonier than Rory,'' White told her.

         ''Rory's not loony, he's just an idiot,'' Erica said. ''Who bit him in the first place?''

          ''I'm pretty sure that was you,'' Sarah informed.

        ''Oh yeah, my bad,'' Erica evily laughed, her fangs showing. ''In my defense, he was my first meal.''

         There was a ringing, making most of them jump. Nightwing just pulled out his phone and walked into the portal room.

          ''Nightwing,'' he answered.

           ''It's Bruce,'' Batman says on the other side of the line.

           ''Where've you been, you missed the party... and a lot of drama,'' Dick told him.

          ''Is that supposed to make me feel like I should have been there,'' Batman asked.

          ''Point made,'' Dick says.

          ''I had to retrieve something in the Bat Cave,'' Batman said. ''I'm coming through the portal, now.''

            The portal doors opened and Batman walked into the castle. He had on his usual emotion neutral scowl. He had a folder in his hand.

          ''What's that, Bruce,'' Dick asked.

        ''Your brother's birthday present,'' Batman answered, giving it to him. ''You should be the one to give it to them.''

           Nightwing went back to the dining hall, Batman standing in the doorway behind his protege. Nightwing went over to his brothers.

           ''This is from Bruce,'' he whispered to them, giving the two the folder.

           ''Thanks, big brother,'' Danny said.

          White and Danny lean in close as they opened the folder. Inside were... papers? They looked confusingly at each other, then read them. Their jaws dropped, both getting tears in their eyes. They read again just to make sure. They looked over to Batman, who they saw smile, which is a rare thing for him.

          ''Oh my gods,'' White swore.

          ''Pen. PEN,'' Danny yelled. ''We need a pen.''

          ''And NOW is a good time for it,'' White yelled.

          Tucker took one out and gave it to them. Danny signed the papers. White then signed them, as well. They gave the folder to Nightwing, whispering in his ear. He got the biggest smile on his face. He took the file over to Batman. The brothers stood up, making sure everyone was paying attention.

          ''What the heck was in that folder,'' Sarah asked the million dollar question.

          ''Those were adoption papers,'' Danny cried. ''Me and White found a new home.''

         ''WHAT,'' the Fentons screamed.

         Lena screeched, tackling White with a hug. 

           ''Ow,'' White said.

         ''I'm just so happy for you,'' Lena says.

          ''Thanks, can I get up now,'' White requested, Lena helping him up.

           Jason put his arm around their shoulders. Tim and Damian both gave them high fives.

          ''Guess you're now officially part of our crazy family,'' Jason says.

          ''Crazy, or dangerous,'' White asks. ''We've been to your family dinners. It's like a war zone, but worse.''

          ''Like we said, welcome to the family,'' Tim smiled.

         ''You guys are the best,'' Danny says.

          ''Hold up,'' Dash said, standing up. ''How the hell can you two be adopted? You're Freaky Fentons.''

           ''We'd explain it to you, but your tiny brain already looks like it's about to explode,'' Danny smirked.

          ''This is insane,'' Maddie yelled, standing up and looking furious. ''You can't be adopted, you are OUR sons.''

          ''Get this through your thick skull,'' Damian said. ''You are a terrible person, and an even worse mother. Danny and White have had enough of you, just like all of us have. They deserve a life from you. And if you had any legal right to them, they wouldn't be able to be adopted in the first place you old hag.''

          ''I like him,'' Erica says. ''All he's missing is some fangs and a few more years of aging.''

          ''Come on, you two,'' Dick said, grabbing his brothers. ''This can wait until later.''

         ''Or never, if we're lucky,'' Danny whispered to them, and they both agreed.