Chapter 3

Chat Noir's POV

It's quite a lovely morning out here on the open ocean. What to do today, I thought to myself. I get up and put my cloak on then head up the steps towards the upper deck.

I open the door to see the crew up and at 'em, opening the ship's sails. I spot my first mate (who is also my best friend since birth).

"Ahoy Nino!" I call to him.

He turns to look at me and calls back,"Mornin capt'n! Got any plans for today?"

"That's exactly what I was trying to figure out," I mumble.

"What was that?"

"Err, nothing!" I holler.

Nino shrugs and goes back to releasing the sails.

In minutes we're back to gliding across the waves. This always makes me feel... Renewed.

I love my life, I really do, but...
There is this empty feeling that keeps lingering in my heart. If I told anyone (besides Nino; I tell him everything) what it is, they'd call me a pussycat. Oh I hate being called that....

Later that day...

"Captain!" Nino hollered.

"Aye?"

"We're running low on food and supplies!!"

I frown. "Well, darn..."

"But, there is a kingdom a few miles from here where we can resupply!"

I thought about it. Since it's a kingdom it'd be risky... But you can't survive without food and supplies.

"Set a course towards there!"

"Aye, aye capt'n ."

As I was about to walk back to my quarters, Nino put his hand on my shoulder.

"There's somethin I gotta tell you private."

I nod and we walk into my quarters. Nino smirks.

"The kingdom we're going to..."

"Yeah...?"

"Today the princess is gonna have her 18th birthday ball."

"And?"

Nino smirks again knowingly, "Well her family is one of the richest in the land, and they treasure their daughter more than anything. Also, there is rumor that she is the Ladybug Miraculous holder."

This time I smirk in mischief.
"Well, it's time to crash a party then."

(AN:)
I know it's kinda rushed, but i don't like taking like 10 chapters to lead on to the good stuff. It's to long for my liking.