Chapter 28

Ladybug's POV

We walked into an cozy, homy little cafe. I took a liking to it instantly.

But then someone tapped me on the shoulder. I turned around to see that it was Nino! (Or aka Carapace.)

"Oh, hi Nino! Whatcha doin here?"

"I heard that you all already had to deal with an Akuma, so I came along just in case you had to deal with another one," He explained.

"We'll that's very thoughtful of you," Chat teased.

Nino rolled his eyes. "Ha, ha, very funny."

Rina was just staring at him. I could see a very faint amount of blush on her cheeks.

"Ooo, does Rina/Alya have a crush?" I thought to myself.

She shook the blush off and regained her confidence.

"So, by the looks of it, you're the turtle miraculous holder?" She spoke confidently.

"Yep. And by that necklace of yours I'm assuming you're the fox miraculous, am I correct?"

"Yes, you are indeed," Rina nodded.

There was a rather awkward moment of silence. It annoyed me, so I decided to break it.

"Anyways, how about you to grab a snack and something to drink, while Chat and I go for a stroll? Sound good? Great!"

I grabbed Chat's hand and ran out the door, leaving the other two behind.

"Why'd you leave them behind, LB?" He asked.

"So they could bond! We're already friends with Rina/ Alya and Nino/ Carapace, but they haven't become actual friends yet. Plus, I think they already have a little crush on each other...." I explained with excitement.

Chat laughed. "I think Tikki has gotten to you, but you do have a point. They need to become friends just as much as they do partners."

"Exactly," I said as i tapped his nose.

By the change in his expression, I could tell he suddenly remembered something.

He pulled out a small box from his pocket. "My lady, my princess, my bugaboo, I have something to give you- LOOK OUT!"

He quickly put the box away, and wrapped his arms around me protectingly. At the last second, I saw an arrow speeding towards us, and it hit Chat!

"I.... I loathe you, Ladybug! YOU mean nothing to me! I hate you!"

This wasn't him. It was the arrow doing this!

I stepped on his foot so he'd back off and I could think for a minute.

When I reached a rooftop, I checked to see if he had followed me. Thankfully, he hadn't.

"What to do? What to do? What to do?" I said as I paced around.

I heard a thump behind me.

I spun around quickly, crossbow in hand.

"Hello again, Ladybug," Chat sneered.

"Why are you so full of hate, Chat Noir?!"

"Because hate conquers all!"

"Sorry to burst your bubble, but hate doesn't conquer all! Love does!"

Suddenly, an idea popped into my head.

"You're just buying time! Fight!" He shouted.

I smirked. "I'll do better than that."