Chapter 21

Mari's POV

"What's wrong, Chat?"

"Hawkmoth."

"Who in the world is Hawkmoth?"

"He is my enemy, rival, and..." He trailed off.

"... My father."

My eyes grew 5 times as wide as usual. Hawkmoths is his arch nemesis and his father?!

Family problems these days....

"Ok, sooooo what are we gonna do about it? And why is he coming closer to the ship by the second?!"

Chat spun around. And sure enough, Hawkmoth's ship was now coming to a stop right next to ours.

A man in a deep purple cloak was hanging on to with one hand on a rope ladder that led to the crow's nest.

His deep, gruff voice boomed from his side. "Well, we'll, we'll. If it isn't my son and his crew. I've been looking-" when his piercing grey eyes landed on me he paused.

"Oh, well what do we have here? Has my son already gone and got himself a girl?"

"No! She's my prisoner," Chat "corrected."

I looked at him, confused. His expression was saying, "Just play along for now."

I nodded in understanding.

Hawkmoth looked surprised. "Oh really? Why did you take her as your prisoner in the first place?"

"Let's just say, she's a lucky charm," Chat smirked.

Hawkmoths looked skeptical. "Hm. I see."

I suddenly yelled him, "Just why are you here anyways?"

He looked shocked that I spoke up, nut then he gave an evil smirk. "I was just wondering how my son was doing..."

I raised an eyebrow.

"... With his Ladybug."

Well, darn.

WE'RE DEAD.

"Alright, father! You've had your fun! What do you want?!" Chat shouted, annoyed.

"You and Ladybug's miraculouses!"

Chat and I said in unison, "Well come and get 'em!"

And that's when the two opposite crews broke into fighting.

The sounds of swords clashing and pirates yelling rang in my ears. But then a thought hit me square in my mind...

I don't know how to fight yet.

Ok Ladybug, don't fail me now.

I ran down to the cabin where Tikki was.

"Tikki how do I become Ladybug?!"

"All you have to say is 'Tikki, spots on!'  and I'll transform you."

"Alright. Tikki, spots on!"

As I said those words, my outfit instantly changed.

I looked at my new outfit

I looked at my new outfit. It was so cool! I loved it!

But I had to pause my salivating for now. It was time to fight.

I thanked Tikki and ran back out on deck.

As soon as I did everyone stopped fighting and stared at me like I was a total stranger.

I rolled my eyes. "You all just gonna stare and so nothing or fight?!"

Chat's POV

I have to say my lady looks purrfect in red and black. I guess she doesn't wanna be left out of the action.

Everyone was staring at her. I guess they thought she was a stranger because of the magic the miraculous provides that covers the holder's identity. (I know it's her because I'd never furget what my lady looks like.)

"You all just gonna stare and so nothing or fight?!"

Typical Marinette. (Or in this case Ladybug.)

Everyone slowly tore their eyes away from her and continued fighting. To be honest I was a little angry to why everybody was staring at her...

Forget it, people. She's mine.

Anyways, I charged back into battle. And obviously, I went for Hawkmoth.

I didn't see him anywhere.

"Looking for me, pussycat?"

I looked upward to see him standing on one of the poles that connected to the sails.

"Of course I am! Why not the cat take down the butterfly?"

"Come up-" he stopped dead when a red and black arrow flew past his face, nearly hitting him.

"You're lucky that was a warning shot," said an all to familier feminine voice.

I looked towards the voice to see my lovely Ladybug armed with a red and black spotted crossbow. Determination and confidence shone in her eyes.

"Ready to join the fight, m'lady?"

"I'm always ready, Mon Chaton."

New nickname, eh? I have a new nickname in mind for her too...

"Then let's do this, bugaboo."

She rolled her eyes and ran over to help me fight Hawkmoth.

"I see you have bonded quite quickly," Hawkmoth deadpanned.

"Opposites attract," I stated.

"But no matter. I will have your miraculouses someday! Even if it's days, months, years, I WILL GET MY HANDS ON THEM!"

"Geez, you just gotta monologue don't you, Hawky?"

She's on a nickname roll today, isn't she?

He yelled in anger, "Rrrrrr!!"

And then he whipped out his sword and charged at us.

We were both in our fighting stances, prepared for anything that may come.

But what we weren't prepared for was  him to stop right in front of us, turn around, call towards his crew "Let us take our leave, men!", and leave.

As his ship sailed away, Mari asked me, "What was that all about? Why did he leave so suddenly?"

I thought about it for a moment, and then replied, "I have no idea. But if it's my father were talking about, I think he knows what he's up against now. And I think he's going to retrieve more power."