Chapter 3

-Previously-

Ellie stepped in between the two. "Alright, stop. Why can't she just come with us?"

Devyn looked shocked, but not as much as Joel.

"Excuse me?"

-----------------------------------------

"Well it wouldn't be such a bad idea would it?" Ellie crossed her arms as she looked at Joel.

"Excuse us for a minute Devyn" Joel pulled Ellie aside and whispered

"We barely know her, yes she saved us and she helped us, but she's still a stranger, and we can't trust her that easily."

"Oh come on Joel, she seems pretty cool. She's looking for the Fireflies too and there's no use of just having her travel by herself when WE know where they are."

Joel looked back at Devyn, who was rubbing the sleeve of her left arm and she glanced up at him with a slight blush. He let out a sigh and gave in. 

"Alright fine. But if she slows us down, or makes a screw up, we're leavin' her."

Ellie smiled and nodded "Okay." She went over to Devyn and helped her stand.

"Looks like you're coming with us"

Devyn smiled a bit. "Really? Thank you"

"No problem. Just try to keep up" Joel said as he got a move on with walking.

Ellie made a face and sighed. "Don't worry, he's always like that."

Devyn hummed and followed them the rest of the way and after a few miles of it being quiet, she decided to speak up.

"So.. how old are you two."

"Fourteen." Ellie said

"Forty-eight.." Joel mumbled.

"What about you Devyn?"

"Ellie." Joel snipped at her

"What? I wanna know"

Devyn chuckled "It's okay Joel, it's only fair. I'm thirty-two."

"Woah, really? You don't look that age, you look at least twenty-five" Ellie looked at her shocked

"Hehe, I do get that a lot, but no. I was thirteen when the outbreak started."

"Well, you look good for your age Devyn." Joel smiled at her.

Devyn's cheeks went red and she chuckled embarrassed. "Thanks, you don't look too bad yourself Joel."

Ellie watched the two as they exchanged compliments and she smiled, thinking to herself about how much of a genius she was to bring her along.

-Le timeskip to after they meet Henry and Sam-

After making it to the radio tower, Joel, Ellie, Devyn and Henry sat around the small pot of food listening to each others stories from years back, and Ellie stood up.

"Okay, looks like you three need some privacy."

"Hey Ellie, Ellie, this is no regular motorcycle, it's better than it seems" Henry explained

"Oh yea? And how would you know?"

"I see it in my dreams.... vroom vroom vroom!" He made the noise as he laughed and Ellie chuckled.

"Alright, I'm gonna go see Sam." She left into the other room.

Devyn was practically quiet most of the time lost her thoughts and didn't even hear Henry's question he asked.