Chapter Eleven - Home

There is minor abuse in this chapter! Please do not read if this is a trigger for you!

The ride back is quiet. I think Sampson knew I needed a moment to myself. He turns the radio station to classical and I smile as it brings memories of Victor. I finger the edge of the pamphlet my boys had given me and commit their numbers to memory. They were now as much a part of my heart as Gabriel and Victor. Even if I was heading back to my family, they were my real home now.

As the car slows down I look up. Sampson pulls into the diner parking lot and I let out a sigh.

"Not ready to return Little bird?" He asks even though I'm sure he knows the answer.

"No Sampson. I was having to much fun. But we all have responsibilities right?" I give him a sad smile and he frowns and shakes his head.

"Well I'll make sure to take you to another fun place soon. I usually have lunch here so you know where to find me." He winks and shoos me out of the car.

"Don't even pull your money out, Little bird." He calls as I slide out.

I sigh and toss my hands up, "Are your ever going to let me pay for my rides?"

"Only when you have enough money to give me the largest tip ever." He repeats my earlier words and laughs.

"Fine. I'll just have to start saving then." I laugh with him.

"You do that Little bird. Now go. You have dinner to make right?"

My eyebrows shoot up to my hairline and my breath catches in my chest. "Oh no! I hope I'm not late."

With a final wave to Sampson I turn around and begin walking back to the path I took this morning.

Once again my energy drops as I approach the gray building. The past two days have been amazing and now more than ever this place seems like a prison.

After quickly hiding my small purse in the shed, I pause by the back door to listen for where my mother might be. The house is silent and I'm hoping that she's asleep in her bedroom.

As I walk into the kitchen that hope flies out the window and I freeze. Standing in front of the sink is my mother wrapped in her dirty robe, staring out of the window.

"Where have you been." Her voice rough and cold. "I've been calling you for over an hour, and you've just now shown up. So don't lie to me, where have you been?" She continues to stand at the window facing away from me.

Holding back a whimper, I take a shaky breath. "I was out for a walk in the woods." I whisper just loud enough for her to hear.

"LIAR!" She screams as she turns around. "You've been out selling yourse-- WHAT THE F*CK ARE ON YOUR LEGS?!"

With my hands up I shrink away from her, shaking. Glancing down at my legs I can feel the blood leave my face. I still have the knee pads Raven bought me on. Knee pads I've never owned before.

"You were whoring yourself out!" She yells in my face, sick smelling breath and body odor overwhelming my nose. "I'm sure you sold yourself and had some man buy them for you. It probably makes your job easier, doesn't it? Now you can stay on your knees for as long as you want."

I shake my head and she quickly places a hand to my neck. Her fingers twist in my hair painfully as she drags me into the middle of the room. With more force than I thought her capable of she tosses me to the floor. Pain radiates up my arm where my elbow makes contact with the ground. The knee pads have protected my legs from any damage, but I know that will just infuriate her more.