Chapter Fifteen - The Garage

As soon as the words escape my lips I wish I could take them back.

No one wants to be told they aren't a hero. I've probably just offended Not-Corey! Oh no, what if he doesn't want to be my friend. Can you be friends with only half of a set of twins? What if Corey doesn't want to be friends with because I was rude to his brother? That would be terrible because we only met yesterday. Wait. Maybe this is Corey and something made him sad today?

I look up at who I'm pretty sure is Not-Corey and hold my breath for his reaction. Hopefully he isn't to mad.

I can tell he is about to say something, but a musical ringtone cuts him off. I see him glance back at North before rolling his eyes. I wonder if he doesn't like the person who is calling.

"Hey Corey." Well that answers two of my questions. He is definitely Not-Corey, and I'm sure he likes his twin brother. Except I don't really care for Marie. Oh wait, I totally just assaulted Not-Corey!

I stare wide eyed at him as he continues to talk to Actual-Corey. "Hey, before that, can you tell me why I just got tackled by a green eyed beauty calling me hero?" My cheeks flush lightly and I can't believe I jumped on him. Oh, and now he's grinning. "I mean, I don't mind being someone's idol, but I'd like to know why before accepting the praise."

Oh goodness. Can I embarrass myself any more today? The heat in my cheeks intensifies as he chuckles and I finally break eye contact out of embarrassment. I should probably go back to North so I stop making a fool of myself.

I turn around leaving Not-Corey behind as he hums into the phone. North gives me a smile, although I can tell he's trying to hold in a laugh. I glare at him before ducking my head. I really should have made sure he was Actual-Corey before jumping him.

"Hey, Baby. Are you alright?" North asks and I look back up at him.

I give him a weak nod and a meek smile. "Yeah. I just made a fool of myself by leaping at Not-Corey."

North's eyebrows shoot up in either in recognition of Corey's name or what I called his brother and I grimace. It's not good to mix up people. "You know Corey?" He leans forward with an arm reaching towards me. "And Not-Corey?" He laughs out.

I nod again and jump as he pulls me closer to undo the helmet. "Yeah. I met him, Raven, and Nathan yesterday. We killed some zombies and I even captured the flag." As the helmet comes off, I pull the messy braid out of the jacket and reach up to check that my headband is still there.

"You met at the airsoft range? Baby that's dangerous. What were you doing there?" North growls and I have to stop from rolling my eyes.

"It wasn't dangerous, North. I rode on your bike and that was more alarming than shooting a fake gun." I huff as I struggle to untangle the braid.

I see North look behind me and give a nod. He looks back at me and snorts at my attempt of hair management. "Let me help you, Sang Baby."

I nod and he turns me around. I look at Not-Corey and blush at my mistake. As I drop my head all I can think is that I need to learn his name so I can stop calling him Not-Corey.

"Hey North?" I whisper as his fingers begin to work out the knots in my hair. "What is Not-Corey's name?"

He chuckles and I feel myself blush. "I don't know if I should tell you, baby. I kind of want to hear you call him Not-Corey." He says with amusement.

I'm trying to come up with a good retort, but North's hand feel so good in my hair that it's hard to think. "Please North? I've already embarr-"

Not-Corey begins coughing and I look up to make sure he's okay. Surprisingly, he gives me a small smile when he's stopped and hope fills my chest. Maybe he'll be okay with being my friend after all.