Integra's POV

The gardens of the Hellsing Mansion was withering away.

My home was slowly slipping away from my grasp.

I had become useless.

I was useless.

A soft knock alerted me. "Come in." I muttered.

Alucard entered the room slowly. "Intergra. My master." he said, not even a pinch of smugness in his voice it like used to.

"Yes?"

"Seras. . .Seras she. . ." Alucard stuttered.

I felt a shiver of fear run down my spine, turning my blood ice cold. "What about the police girl?"

Alucard looked at the ground.

"She's dead, Intergra." Alucard, the Alucard, began to cry.

I whisked around and stood rapidly. My eyes burned into Alucard's crying eyes and whispered. "How did this happen?"

Alucard stiffened. With a cough, he spoke in a broken tone. "She. . .She just couldn't take it anymore."

# $ #

Alucard led me to Seras's room. True enough, the bastard was right.

Seras lay on the ground, cold as ice. Stiff as a stone. Limp as myself.

Blood pooled around her mouth and neck. Her chest pierced by her own canon. "Damn everything!" I shrieked and fell to my knees.

Alucard rested a hand on my shoulder. "My master. I think it's time we left the mansion and moved on."

I slapped Alucard's gloved hand away. "Give up, Hellsing?!" tears dripped from my chin. "Are you serious?! I can't give up on Hellsing!"

Alucard took a step back. "I just think that since we're the last ones that..."

I stood. "No. We will stay here we're both dead. I'm not giving up on something I nearly died for."

Images of my uncle shooting me in the shoulder and then placing the barrel of the pistol against my forehead. When my blood was being licked away by the monster who was the Hellsing legacy. The monster that had devoted his life to me. The monster who is now insisting I give up on everything I'd ever known.

After the Warजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें