Rip Van's POV

How do I escape this endless torture?

The Hellsing dungeon was not the place for me! I belonged with my friends! The Valentine brothers! The Dandy Man! Captain! Doc and Zorin! Schöndinger and Major! I knew that Jan and Luke were dead, but what about Captain, and Schöndinger?

I fumbled with a strand of my hair, listening to the soft squeak of rats nearby. "What about you little rat," I said to the little brown creature. "What about your family?"

The rat squeaked and scampered out of my hand. I frowned and adjusted my circular glasses onto the bridge of my nose. I sat up straight and looked at the pool of water forming under a leak in the ceiling.

"Never gonna give you up," I sung.

"Never gonna let you down." said an unfamiliar voice.

"Never gonna run around or-" I sung back.

"Desert you."

I looked up and gasped at the sight of Alucard. His red coat hanging loosely on his frame.

"Never knew you sang Alucard..." I muttered. Alucard bent down and gazed deep into my eyes. "I just now realized how beautiful you really are Winkle." he cooed uncharacteristically.

I stuck out my tongue in disgust at his attempt to sound sexy. "You're absolutely insane, Alucard." Alucard blinked in surprise. "Okay then." he sounded....disappointed.

I shrugged and turned away from the vampire hitman, not wanting to see that disappointed look.

"I'm not going to talk to you anymore." I snapped. Alucard gasped in mock disappointment.

"You're not as fun as you used to be." he sighed. I rolled my eyes. Alucard sighed again and reached through the bars and rested his fingers on my lower thigh. I suddenly felt, relaxed.

"Can you please speak to me?"

I turned to him, tears blurring my vision. I stood, my back scrapping the prison wall.

"You expect me to talk to you?! After everything you've done! You killed my crush! My home, friend,.family! And you expect me to talk to you? Luke was my closest friend and you killed him!"

Alucard opened his mouth to speak but I stormed up to him and grabbed the collar of his shirt. "You want me to talk to you...the only way I'll do that is of you bring back my friend."

Alucard's mouth pressed into a firm line. "I'll try."

He then pulled me into a....

kiss.

And it was the most wonderful thing since I Luke held me.