Chatper 18 [A Wave]

Jin was waiting outside the building next to his car, well, I hoped it was Jin because not many street lights were around this area.

"Have fun?" He asked as I opened the passengers seat to his car and sat down. I ran my fingers through my hair and sighed. "I'll take that as a no," he chuckled while starting the car. He was just about to start driving when he turned to me. "Y/n," he said while thinking about something. "Can I take you somewhere?" I turned to him with a smile.

"Sure," I said softly. Honestly I just wanted to go home. It had been a long day but I couldn't say no to Jin, he had looked after me for about a month now and I haven't even given him anything in return. Jin turned to the road with a smile and started driving.

We stopped on the side of the road. A dim streetlight lit up a small area around us. I shivered as I stepped out of the car, in the distance I could hear waves crashing so I guessed we were near the beach.

"Here," Jin said while placing his jumper over my shoulders. It was so warm and smelt like him, I smiled to myself as I held onto it tightly. Wait, is that weird? I thought to myself as we walked down a small slope. Cool grass brushed against my ankles on the way down. I could finally see it, the ocean. I took my shoes off and held them in my hands as I ran onto the soft sand.

"It has been so long since I've been to the beach." I smiled brightly while running around in the sand. Jin watched me with a grin plastered on his face. I walked up next to him and pointed to his shoes.

"Take them off, it's no fun with shoes on!" I giggled. He bent down and took both of his sneakers off and held them in his hands. I pulled his arm, trying to bring him onto the sand more.

Jin pulled his phone out of his pocked at glanced at the time.

"Woah, 2am already?" He said with a shocked expression.

"Time flies," I mumbled as we walked down the beach. He nodded in response but seemed to be deep in thought.

Jin turned towards the ocean and we both sat down on the sand.

"I've been thinking today." He said softly while staring off into the water. "And I think I want to spend the rest of my life with you." I kept my eyes on the sea, call me selfish but I didn't want to deal with this right now. "I mean, I just wanted to know if you'd give me a chance." The beach grew silent, even the waves seemed like they were holding their breath in. "I don't want to rush you," Jin said, breaking the silence.

"Okay," I mumbled. Jin and I walked to the car in silence and eventually drove home.

"What am I doing?" I groaned to myself while flopping onto my bed. My body felt exhausted yet my brain felt wide wake. I glanced at my phone.

<3:32am>

[Jimin: See you at sch...]

[Jimin: Hey I decided...]

[Missed call from Jimin]

I placed my phone down on my bed and rubbed my eyes. I'm sorry Jimin I mumbled, I'll deal with it tomorrow.

"I avoided Jin as much as possible this morning... I even didn't have breakfast because he was in the kitchen," I sighed while leaning back in my chair.

"Why?" Yoongi before taking a bite of his sandwich.

"Hey! Are you even allowed to eat in here?" I asked while looking around the classroom we were in. Yoongi shrugged while looking up at the teacher who was once again passed out on his desk. 

"Y/n," I looked up to see who was standing in front of me.

"Jimin," I smiled.

"Can you meet me behind science block at lunch?" He asked softly. I nodded in response.

"Sounds pretty sketchy to me," Yoongi said as Jimin walked away. I rolled my eyes at Suga's "joke". Yoongi and I talked for a few minutes before the bell went. I packed my books away and headed for the door.

"Y/n!" I heard a voice coming from behind me. I stopped walking and saw Jungkook behind me.

"I'm sorry," I mumbled. "I have somewhere to go, can we talk later?" Jungkook looked disappointed but covered it up with a smile. I jogged out of the classroom and made my way to the back of science block where Jimin was waiting for me.

"I didn't plan to do this so soon..." He said while looking down at his feet. "But I was with Jungkook last night and he said he was going to as you-" Jimin stopped. He  looked down at me, eyes filled with affection. "I want you to be mine." He said softly. "I don't want to share you with anyone else anymore."

I looked down at the floor in silence.

"Jungkook is beating me at everything... Grades, cooking, skills," he said with an annoyed expression on his face. "I was born in Busan first," he mumbled to himself. "And I loved you first," Jimin smiled as he looked down at me.

"Ahh, but maybe you've fallen for the handsome charm of Jungkook already." Jimin smiled softly while running his fingers through his hair. "It's not like I can make you choose," he mumbled. "I'll let you decide," he said before walking away.