A Boss

I stumbled around in the rain for about 40 minutes before stopping in front of my office building. I don't even know why.  Water dripped on the polished floor of the foyer as I stepped inside. The lady at the reception desk immediately noticed me and phoned someone. I came to the conclusion it was Mr Kim she was calling because he promptly arrived in the elevator and ran towards me. I stared at his face blankly as he frantically asked questions I couldn't understand. His voice seemed so distant even though he was right in front of my face.

"I feel dizzy," I mumbled before falling to the floor.

-=+=-

"She's awake," I heard someone whisper as I opened my eyes. I slowly looked at the area around me. I was in a soft, grand bed inside a huge elaborate room. A girl was standing at the end of my bed with a clipboard and a small smile on her face.

"Where am I?" I mumbled. I tried to sit up but a huge pulsating pain in my head stopped me.

"Please try and rest, Miss." The girl at the end of my bed said with a sympathetic look on her face. "You're in Mr Kim's home after he found you stumbling to work with a high fever." She glanced at the door behind her and hastily walked outside.

"Wai-" annnnnnd she's gone.

"Are you feeling better?" A familiar deep voice greeted me as Mr Kim walked into the room I was in.

"Mr Ki-" I mumbled while fighting through the pain of sitting up.

"You're not at work, just call me Tae," he said while sitting on the end of my bed. I nodded in compliance. "What happened?" He asked curiously. "I texted you and said that you didn't have to come to work today."

"Really?" I asked. I don't remember checking my phone but I forgot about having work anyway. "When can I go home?" I asked while thinking of calling Jin and totally ignoring his question.

"Just as soon as you get better," he said with a soft smile on his face. "Just have some water," a girl carrying a glass of water on a tray walked into the room just as soon as Mr Kim finished speaking. She placed it on the nightstand next to me and walked outside.

"This tastes funny," I mumbled after taking a sip. Maybe that's how all rich people's water tastes... "Jin..." I mumbled while looking up at Mr Kim who was staring at me blankly. "I need to tell him I'm alright," my head began spinning and
my vision became blurry. Mr Kim seemed to walk closer to me.

"Yes, I told him you're alright. Just sleep." My eyes grew heavy and the last thing I remembered seeing was Mr Kim leaning down towards me.

-=+=-

My eyes slowly opened to a dark room.  I felt so much better than yesterday and when I sat up my head didn't hurt. I left my room to try and find Mr Kim.

"Excuse me," I asked a man in a suit as he walked by. How rude, I thought to myself as he ignored me and kept walking down the hall. I continued my journey further through the house and found myself in a living room.

"Excuse me sir!" I poked another man in a suits arm in order to get his attention. The man didn't even flinch, let alone acknowledge my existence. 

"Y/n," Mr Kim stood up from a couch while closing a book he was probably reading. I didn't even notice he was there. "What is the problem?" He asked while I walked over to the couch and sat down.

"None of these people are talking to me," I said while glancing up to the man standing besides me.

"My butlers and maids are not allowed to talk to you unless instructed." He said while putting his book away. "But I can change that."

"Also, may I please go home, I'm feeling much better." He paused for a moment before turning around to face me.

"You're not cured..." He mumbled. "You may only go home when you're better," he said with a smile. Mr Kim took my hand to escort me out of the room.

"But-"

"Trust me," Mr Kim said through gritted teeth. "I'll make you better."

We walked into the same grand dining room we ate in when we were at that party with Namjoon.

"Breakfast!" Mr Kim yelled as maids and butlers ran out of the kitchen with two plates of food. Mr Kim guided me into a seat and sat down across from me. A plate of food was placed in front of me.

"Thank you," I said while looking up at the maid, I recognised her as the maid who gave me water. Faint marks trailed from her eyes to her chin. "I'm sorry," she mumbled before walking away. Has she been crying?

"So um..." I took a bite from my plate of breakfast. "What's the situation, doc," I said with a small smile. Mr Kim didn't seem to be too humoured.

"I don't know," He mumbled while leaning towards me, he hadn't even touched his food yet. "It's pretty odd," he said while staring into my eyes. "You're the only one who hasn't said yes to me." I looked over at him like he was a mad man.

"Excuse me?" I asked, almost choking on my food. "Just because I said I didn't want to date you doesn't mean I'm sic-"

"I will cure you y/n," Mr Kim said as he stood up from the table and walked away.

"Wait!" I yelled while standing up from my seat. As soon as I moved my stomach churned and I felt like I was going to throw up. "You're the one making me sick Kim Taehyung!" I yelled as I fell to the floor in pain.