Chapter 19 [A Call]

I walked back to where Yoongi and I spend our lunchtimes with my head hanging low. I watched as the ground moved under my feet as I thought about the last few days.

"Owch," I mumbled while rubbing my head. "What was that for, Yoon-" I stared up at the person in front of me. It definitely wasn't Yoongi. "Sorry I bumped into you," I mumbled while fixing my gaze to the ground again.

Namjoon stared down at me like I was some peasant compared to him. "What's my little pet doing here?" He asked with a sadistic smile. I lifted my head up and scanned the area that surrounded me. Namjoon's "friends" were scattered around both of us, talking and laughing with each other.

"I'm not your pet," I muttered, honestly, even I can admit that I sounded pathetic.

"It looks like someone needs to be put in her place," Namjoon said while glancing over my shoulder. I turned around immediately as I felt my bag unzip. The person behind me held my phone in his hand with a grin on his face.

"Hey! Give that back," I ordered while trying to grab my phone. Yet again, I was disadvantaged by my shortness. My heart dropped as the person with my phone threw it over my head. I spun around to see that Namjoon had caught it and also had his phone out.

"There," he said while passing my phone back to me. I fumbled it for a few seconds while my shaky hands calmed down. My phone vibrated as an unknown caller id popped up on my screen. I looked up at Namjoon who was starring at his phone.

"It's just incase I need you for anything." Namjoon said while hanging up the call. "But if I call you and you decide not to answer..." He said while looking at the people around us who now had their attention set on me.

"I will answer," I blurted out, trying to hide my fear even though I was shaking.

"Good girl." He said with a smile. I quickly ran past him and back to Yoongi, making sure to be looking where I was going.

"Oh my gosh Suga," I said while holding on to his sleeve and catching my breath.

"Where were you?" He asked with a worried expression. I was too afraid to tell him about Namjoon in fear that he or one of his friends would hurt me. And Jimin... Well what happened with Jimin was a bit personal.

"Homework." I let out a sigh while stretching out my back.

"Homework behind science block with Jimin?" He asked as he chuckled to himself.

"What?" I asked while looking up at him.

"I was right next to you when Jimin asked to meet you there." Yoongi said with a blank expression.

"Ohh, yeah..." I mumbled. "Homework these days..." I shrugged.

"I don't like it when you lie to me." Yoongi said while staring directly into my eyes. His voice was deeper than usual and sounded serious.

"When have I ever lied to you?" I said while averting my gaze from his face.

"You lied about Namjoon to me." Yoongi held my lower back and pulled me closer to him with one of his arms. "You know I probably wouldn't have punched him if he had kissed anyone else."

"Why is that?" I asked, my hands felt like they were starting to shake and my heart beat grew faster.

"I wanted your first real kiss to be mine," he said softly while staring at my lips. My face immediately started burning up. This was not the careless Yoongi I was used to. His face slowly inched closer to mine.

"Shit," Yoongi mumbled to himself while the school bell rang. He let go of me and pulled his phone out of his pocket. "I need to find my history class..." He mumbled. I looked at him confused, for some reason I felt disappointed that the bell interrupted him.

"Hey, I'm still new here," he said while jogging away.

"And I'm still new to this..." I mumbled to myself while walking off to my next class.