The Frozen Hero

Chapter 1

                It was sometime around six in the eveing when Steve saw Jamie again.

“Fancy seeing you here.” Jamie said as her and Steve stepped into the elevator. Steve smiled.

“What are you doing later?” Steve asked looking at Jamie.

“Well, I plan on getting yelled at later, so other than that, nothing.” Jamie said shrugging her shoulders. Steve was frustrated by her response. The way she acted like it was nothing bothered him, a lot. He could hear the constant fighting, the insults Jacob yelled at her. And sure, Steve barley knew Jamie, but he could tell she was a sweet girl. He knew Jamie didn’t deserve the way she was treated.

“Would you like to come over to my place, eat some dinner.” Steve said after a moment of silence. Jamie gave Steve a strange look. “Not like a date or anything like that.”

Jamie smiled, “Sure, I’d like that.”

“Is pizza good?” Steve asked stepping out of the elevator along with Jamie.

“Pizza is great.” Jamie said walking down the hallway with Steve.

“So, come over at my place around seven?” Steve asked.

“Yeah, sounds good.” Jamie said unlocking Jacob’s apartment door and stepping inside.

When Jamie shut the door she took off her black heels. ‘Why does he seem to care so much?” Jamie thought as she walked into Jacob’s bedroom. Even though she lived with him, everything was still his. That was the first thing he had said to her when she first moved in about two months ago.

Jamie walked over to Jacob’s closet and pulled out a leather jacket, with a blue tank top. She grabbed blue jeans with holes in the knee’s, and black knee high converse. She straighted her hair and appiled makeup. When she was done she looked like this http://www.polyvore.com/jamie_pizza/set?id=119621228

Jamie grabbed her IPhone off the bed and checked the time. It was 6:50. Jamie sighed, she didn’t want to go early so she waited ten more minutes. She was about to leave Jacob’s apartment when she got a call from Jacob.

“Hello.” Jamie said.

“Jamie, I’m going out with the guys tonight after work. When I come home I expect you to be there, okay?”

“Okay, bye.” Jamie said before hanging up the phone. She sighed, ‘Great, he’s going to come  home drunk.’ Jamie thought leaving her apartment. Jamie locked it, and walked next door to Steve’s apartment. Jamie knocked on the door.

“Hey,” Steve greeted Jamie opening his apartment door.

“Hey,” Jamie said in reply looking slightly troubled.

“What’s wrong?” Steve asked Jamie noticing a troubled look on her face.

“Nothing,” Jamie said looking at the floor.

“Come in.” Steve said stepping out of the way. Jamie followed Steve inside unsure what to do.

“The pizza should be hear soon.” Steve said looking at Jamie.

Jamie placed her hands in her back pockets and nodded her head. “Okay.” Jamie simply replied.

“Okay, “ Steve said, “what’s wrong?” Jamie sighed. ‘Do I really want to tell him this?’ Jamie thought, but then she realized she not only wanted to tell him, she needed to tell him. She was about to open her mouth, but there was a knock on the door. Steve walked over to it. Steve was gone for awhile, but came back with two boxes of pizza, and set them down.

“Care to tell me over dinner?” Steve asked with a concern in his voice. Jamie nodded her head and sat down.

“So, what’s bothering you?” Steve asked, taking a bite of his pizza.

“Jacob.” Jamie repiled taking a bite of pizza as well. Steve looked at her, her brown eyes sad.

“What about Jacob? Steve asked concerned.

“He’s going out drinking tonight, he’s always worse when he’s drunk.” Jamie said quitely. Steve nodded his head, and listened as she continued. “He wants me back at his apartment before he come home. He’s more cruel when he’s drunk, he’s viloent. He’s like a monster, but worse. I already know he’s a terrible person, but when he’s drunk I can’t even recornize him.” Jamie said with slight fear in her voice.

“If you don’t mind me asking,” Steve said, “What do you mean by more violent.

Jamie looked down at her food “The littlest things will tick him off. He usally only yells, but when he’s drunk, he gets,” Jamie paused and sighed before continuing, “aggressive, and pyshical, and abusive.” Jamie finished. She waited a few seconds before looking at Steve. He looked angry. His blue eyes became dark. His face had a mixture of emotains between sad, worried, angry, and frustrated. “I’m sorry I shouldn’t have told you.”

“I’m glad you did.” Steve said after a moment. His voice dark.

“Are you mad at me?”

“No, just at him.” Steve said. “Why do you stay with him, he doesn’t treat you right.”

“You don’t know that.” Jamie said after taking a sip of soda.

“Yes, I do. You just told me.” Steve said.

“Well, maybe I diserve it.” Jamie said

“No girl diserves to be treated like that.” Steve said. Jamie peeked at him a little.

“This was fun, I should get going.” Jamie said running out of the apartment.

“Jamie!” Steve got up, but he heard the door to his apartment slam, and then the door next door slam shut as well.