The Frozen Hero

Chapter 4

Jamie awoke breathing heavy. She had a nightmare of Jacob. She looked over at the nightstand and noticed it was 4:53am. Jacob was already at work, and Jamie’s alarm would be going off in seven minutes. Jamie sighed getting up. She slipped her clothes back on, and folded Steve’s. She found a notepad and a pen and wrote him a note.

                Good morning Steve,

                Thanks for saving me last night and letting me crash in you’re apartment. I’m so sorry for the way things went over dinner. I want to make it up to you. Come by the New York Times building around noon, and ask for Jamie Taylor.

                                                                                Thanks again,

                                                                                Jamie.

Jamie put the note down on top of his clothes and quitely left his apartment. Jamie quickly got ready for work. She showered, got dressed, did her makeup, curled her hair, and ate. When she was done she looked like this http://www.polyvore.com/jamie_business_look/set?id=119619647

She left Jacob’s apartment and went to work. When she got there, she was greeted by Lucy the lady at the front desk.

“Good morning Jamie, Ann left a pile of paper’s for you on your desk.”

“Thanks Lucy.” Jamie said before stepping into the elevator.

Jamie finally made it in her office    http://www.polyvore.com/jamies_office/set?id=119651974

after being stopped by multiple co-workers. When she got there, there was a big pile of papers on her desk.

“Great.” Jamie mumbled to herself before getting to work of editing paper’s. It was around noon and Jamie was only half way done. Jamie was busying editing a government storty when her phone rang.

“Hello.” Jamie said happy to have a reason to take a break.

“There’s a man named Steve here looking for you. Do you want me to send him up?” Lucy asked.

“Yes please.” Jamie said.

“Okay.” Lucy said before hanging up the phone.

About two minutes later Steve walked into Jamie’s office with flowers.

“Steve, they’re beautiful. Thanks.” Jamie said accepting them.

“I’m glad you like them.”

“Listen, I was going to say we could have lunch, but I have a pile of work to do, so maybe dinner?”

Steve nodded his head. “Sure, what do you want to do?”

“We could go out to eat, maybe?”

“Sure. I’ll pick you up around six.”

“Yeah.”

“Wait,  where are we going to eat?”

“I was thinking the diner.  If that’s okay with you.” Jamie said looking at Steve.

“Sure, I’ll let you get back to work.”

“Thanks.” Jamie said before Steve left.