The Frozen Hero

Chapter 13

Natasha handed Jamie a cup of tea.

“Thanks.” Jamie said as Natasha sat down next to her.

“You’re welcome.” Natasha said. The room was silent. Steve was currently holding Jamie’s hand, and rubbing circles on it with his thumb.

“When is this going to be over?” Jamie asked. Steve looked at Jamie as she rested her head on his shoulder.

“Honestly, I don’t know.” Steve said. Jamie sighed.

“We’ll find him.” Clint said looking at Jamie.”

“I wish it would have ended tonight. I don’t like this, living in fear.” Jamie said.

“It will be over soon.” Natasha said.

“How soon is soon?” Jamie said looking around at them.

“I don’t know.” Steve said stroking Jamie’s hair. Just then Jamie’s phone rang. It was an incoming call from Jennifer.

“Hello.” Jamie said.

“Did you forget?” Jennifer asked Jamie.

“Forget what?”

“The office party is tonight. We’re celebrating the one hundred sixty three year anniversary of the New York Times tonight at the office.

“Right, it totally spaced my mind.”

“You have two hours.”

“Wait, why did you call me now?” Jamie asked

“Because you were supposed to be at my house an hour ago.” Jennifer said

“I’m so sorry.”

“It’s fine. Just show up.”

“I will, I’ll see you soon, bye.” Jamie got up.

“What is it?” Steve asked Jamie.

“I have to attend this party tonight, so I’m going to go get ready, okay.”

“Okay.” Steve said, before Jamie went into the bathroom, and showered. Once she was out of the shower she changed into this. http://www.polyvore.com/jamie_office_party/set?id=119765900

When she left the bedroom, and entered the living room, she noticed the worried looks on everyone’s face.

“What’s wrong?” Jamie asked looking around. It took Steve a few seconds to respond because he was stunned by how beautiful she looked. He cleared his voice.

“Luke’s going to attend the party.” Steve said his voice calm.

“What?!” Jamie shrieked.

“It’s okay; we’re going to be there.” Natasha said

“I’m not going. I can’t go if he’s going to be there. It’s not safe.” Jamie said her voice high pitched.

“But it will be over then. I thought that’s what you wanted.” Clint said.

“Yeah, but I don’t want to die!” Yelled Jamie.

“Listen,” Steve began.

“No, you listen, I’m not going.” Jamie snapped. “And that’s final.”

“Jamie,” Natasha said taking a step closer to her. “I think you should go. We’ll be there, and we won’t let anything happen to you.”

“He’ll see you guys, and kill you on the spot.”

“No he won’t we figured this out. Steve, will wait in the minivan for us to tell him to come. Clint and I will dress up, and keep our distance.” Natasha said her voice calm.

Jamie sighed, “Fine.”