The Frozen Hero

Chapter 9

Steve arrived at his and Jamie’s apartment around seven. When she wasn’t there he got worried. ‘Maybe she’s getting dinner now.’ Steve thought before calling her. The phone rang, and rang, and rang, until it got to voicemail.

“Hey, this is Jamie. I’m not able to come to the phone right now, but leave a message and I’ll you back.”

“Jamie, this is Steve. I just got home, and you’re not here. Please call me back as soon as possible. I love you, bye.” Steve said leaving a message. Steve sat down on the couch. He saw her car, so he thought she’d be there. ‘Maybe she walked.’ Steve thought. Steve waited and waited for Jamie to come home, and when it was around ten he got worried all over again. Steve called Jamie again. This time the call went straight to voicemail. Steve didn’t leave a message. Instead he left his apartment and went to the police station.

                When Jamie awoke, she was tied to a chair. She was blindfoled and gagged. Jamie started to recall what had happened eariler and started to freak. ‘How long have I been here?’ Jamie thought when a door opened. Jamie heard heavy footsteps come closer. Her heartbeat started speeding. The man was infront of her. She heard shuffling. When suddenly she felt a sharp pain in her leg. Jamie tried to scream, but the sound was muffled by the gag.

“Aw Jamie, it’s okay.” Jamie heard the familiar voice of Luke say. She heard him walk behind her, and felt the blindflod come off, followed by the gag.

“Why?” Jamie questioned.

“Why what?” Luke asked.

“Why am I here.”

“Well Jamie, you took my brother from me. And now you’re going to pay. I’m going to torture you, kill you slowly.”

“You’re……”  Jamie began but Luke cut her off.

“Never going to get away with this.” Luke finished for her. “But Jamie, I already have. No one is going to figure out I’m the one that killed you.” Luke said cressing Jamie’s left cheek with the side of the knife. Jamie was about to say something when he cut her check. Jamie yelled in pain.

“There, there, Jamie. It’s going to be okay. You’ll die, soon.” Luke said before leaving.

Steve walked into the police station. “Ma’ma I need to talk to an officer now please.” Steve said to the lady at the front desk.

“Is this an emergancy sir?” The lady at the front desk asked.

“Yes, I’m here to file a missing person report.”

“An officer will be with you shortly sir.” The lady said. “Please take a seat. Steve walked over and took a seat. He waited fifteen minutes until an officer showed up.

“Are you the person who filed the missing person report?” The officer asked Steve.

“Yes sir.” Steve said.

“Alright, I’m officer Anderson follow me.” He said getting up. Steve followed him into a room, and gave him the details. Thirty minutes later Steve left the station, being assured that they would find Jamie.  Steve however couldn’t wait, so he contacted Clint Barton and Natasha Romanoff.