The Frozen Hero

Chapter 14

About an hour later Jamie was socializing with Jennifer and Lucy.  Jamie was growing worried. ‘Maybe Luke isn’t going to show up.’ Jamie thought while Lucy was talking about something cute her son, Jason did. Jamie nodded along too deep in thought.

“Jamie, are you alright?” Jennifer asked placing a hand on Jamie’s shoulder.

“I’m fine; I just need to grab a drink.” Jamie said walking away. Jennifer grabbed Jamie’s wrist.

“You don’t drink though.” Jennifer said. Jamie paused for a second.

“Right,” Jamie said walking away. Lucy looked over at Jennifer.

“That was strange.” Lucy said. Jennifer could only nod.

When Jamie walked over to the table that Natasha was at, and started pouring herself a drink.

“He’s not here. I thought you said he’d be here.” Jamie whispered taking a sip.

“He is here. Maybe he doesn’t know you’re here.”

“What are you saying?” Jamie asked.

“I’m saying he’s probably not use to you looking like, well the way you look now.”

“Should I be insulted?” Jamie asked Natasha. Natasha ignored her comment.

“We need to let him know you’re here.”

“Yeah, but how?” Jamie said looking down at her drink.

“Throw your drink at me.”

“What?” Jamie yelled. People turned to look at her.

“Good, now yell something insulting, and throw your drink at me.” Natasha said.

“Um,” Jamie started.

“Call me a bitch.” Natasha said. Jamie raised an eyebrow.

“Just do it.” Natasha said. Jamie sighed.

“You are such a bitch!” Jamie yelled throwing her drink at her.

“Good.”

“Jamie!” Ann yelled. All eyes turned to Ann. “That is no way to treat a guest.” Ann said. Suddenly Ann was picked up and thrown on the table filled with alcohol. Everyone screamed. The people around the table backed away, even Natasha. Jamie shot Natasha a look, which she seemed to ignore.

“It’s nice to see you again Jamie.” Luke began, “You look lovely. Now, come with me.” Luke said grabbing Jamie roughly by her upper arm. Jamie tried to fight back, but his grip was too tight. Jamie looked at Luke an idea popping in her mind. Jamie quickly brought the heel of her shoe in Luke’s foot.

“Ouch, stupid…..” Luke was about to say something else when a shield collided with his face. Luke’s grip loosened a little, but he still had Jamie’s arm tight. Luke fell to the floor, along with Jamie. Luke brought out his gun, and began to shoot at Steve. Steve blocked the bullets with his shield. Luke was busy shooting at Steve when he suddenly ran out of bullets. Luke was about to reload when a foot collided with his face.

With that Luke’s grip loosened completely.  Jamie quickly got up and ran along with the others. She was running down another hall when an arm grabbed her and turned her around. She expected to see Luke, but was relieved to see it was Clint she was face to face with.

“Oh, thank god.” Jamie said hugging him. Clint smiled, and led her in the elevator. They were making their way to the fifth level when the elevator stopped, and started to go down.