The Frozen Hero

Chapter 8

That was a week ago. And now, Jamie was returning to work. Jamie quickly got ready and wore http://www.polyvore.com/jamie_work/set?id=119706186

Jamie made it to work and Lucy was the first one to greet her.

“It’s nice to see you again. I’m glad you’re feeling better.”

“Thanks. I could have came back a week ago though.” Jamie said walking over to the elevator.

When the elevator reached her floor she was greeted by her best friend Jennifer.

“I’m happy you’re okay.”

“Thanks.”

“I heard Ann has an offer for you.” Jennifer said before running off.

“Okay……” Jamie said unlocking her office. Jamie was already one of highest at the New York Times, so she couldn’t think of anything that could be higher. When Jamie unlocked her office Ann was sitting in it.

“Jamie, I’m glad to see you’re back.”

“Thanks.”

“I was thinking, you’ve done such a great job. I want you to be my assisant.” Jamie was shocked, and as much as she was honored she couldn’t accept, she likes what she is doing now too much.

“Ann, I’m honored, but I’m going to have to decline. I really love what I’m doing now.”

“Very well.” Ann said getting up. “I want that stack of papers on my desk by three o’clock. No later.” Ann said before leaving. Jamie looked at her desk and saw the huge stack of paper on her desk. Jamie sat down and sighed before getting to work.

It was around four when Jamie was leaving. She got out early that day.

“See you tomorrow lucy.” Jamie said before leaving.

When Jamie got home she changed into http://www.polyvore.com/jamie/set?id=119707277

Jamie sat down on the couch when she got a call from Steve.

“Hey babe, what’s up?” Jamie asked Steve.

“Nothing. I’m just calling to ask if you want to pick up dinner. I’m going to be late tonight.”

“Sure, what do you want?” Jamie asked Steve.

“Surprise me.” Steve said

“Alright, I will. I love you, bye.” Jamie said.

“I love you too. See you later,” Steve said before hanging up.

Jamie walked over to mega foods and got some stuff for chicken alfrado. She payed for it and stared heading home. She was almost home when someone grabbed her, and pulled her into an alley. Jamie tried to fight back, but couldn’t. The stranger put a cloth up to Jamie’s face. Jamie held her breath as long as she could until she needed to breath. She took one deep breath and passed out.