The Frozen Hero

Chapter 7

Two days later, Jamie was released from the hosptail, and the next day was Jacob’s funeral. Jamie didn’t want to go, but figured she should to pay her respects.

“Hey Steve,” Jamie said.

“Yes?”

“Can you come with me to Jacob’s funeral please.”

“Of course.” Steve said. Ever since Jamie moved in with Steve they’ve gotten a lot closer. Jamie really wants Steve to ask her out because she fell in love with him.

It was the day of the funeral and as soon as she entered one person gave her a dirty look, Luke, Jacob’s younger brother. Jamie and Steve sat in the back during the survice. Jamie cried a little. She knew Jacob wasn’t always a terrible person. Steve heard her sniffling, and put his arm around her.

“Are you okay?” Steve whispered. Jamie nodded her head.

At the end of the bural, Jamie and Steve were stopped by Luke.

“Jamie.” Luke said coldly.

“Luke.” Jamie said calmly.

“This is your fault.”

“I wasn’t the one behind the wheel.”

“Yes, but you caused him to spin out of control.”

“Maybe, maybe not. Luke, he was drunk. He could of done hit anyother time. I’m surprised he didn’t lose control when he slapped me.”

“He should have hit you harder, and you should have been the one to die, not him.” Luke said before walking away.

“Can you believe him?” Jamie said after a second. Steve was silent. “Steve, are you alright.”

“I’m fine, but I swear I’ve seen him before.” Jamie shrugged her shoulders.

“Come on.” She said, and her and Steve walked away.

Jamie was driving her mini van when she noticed a black Ford truck following them. Jamie shrugged it off as nothing and looked at Steve.

“Thank you for coming with me.”

“No problem.” Steve said looking at Jamie. Jamie foucsed on the road, but noticed the black truck was still behind them.

“Jamie.” Steve said breaking Jamie out of her thoughts.

“Yes?”

“I know we just met, but I feel so connected to you.” Steve said as Jamie stopped at a red light. “I was wondering if you wanted to go out with me?” Jamie turned and looked at Steve.

“Yes, I’ll go out with you.” Jamie said, and Steve started to lean in. Jamie started to lean in as well. There lips met for a moment until they heard a car horn honk behind them. Jamie looked at Steve and smiled before driving once again.