Chapter 5 - Three Years Later

Chapter 5
(Brian's POV)
January 2011

So today the group are finally getting back together again, we are gonna do our first read through of Nick and Matt's brand new musical called Starship and from what I have read so far, I can only say that I love it.

As I walked into the theatre hand in hand with my girlfriend the last two years, we and ton out first date on closing night of our first show as a group Harry Potter: The Musical. She came up to me a couple of minutes before we had to be on stage and said "hey Bri, van I talk to you for a second?" I sat down next to her and looked into her eyes and said "sure little buddy, what is up?" "Well I was uhm wondering if you might, I mean if you would mind maybe going out with me tonight?" She said with a smile across here pretty little face, I took her cheeks in my hands looked her in her lovely brown eyes and said "it would be my pleasure to go on a date with you" and at that point it was decided that Bropez was a sailing ship.

As Lo and I entered the theatre we had no idea that it would be such a huge stage we had to perform on. The other stage we had performed on during college was at this tiny little place not far from campus but this was gigantic compared to it. When we reached he stage Lo let go of my hand and almost knocked over Jamie and Joey who was talking centre stage. I laughed a bit about her silliness and walked behind her, as I reached centre stage I gave Jamie a hug and said "so how is life treating you if I may ask?" Jaime laughed at me and looked a bit sad as she said, "we'll not that good, you know how I had felt for Dylan since be started rehearsing A Very Potter Sequel but unfortunately he is still dating Mere and sure I'm happy for him, but I just wished he would be mine you know?" I could see a little tear in the corner of her eye, so I pulled her in to a tight hug and said "I know how you feel, all my senior year a college I felt like that for Mere, but look at me now, I feel like the luckiest guy in the whole world, I get to date that" I looked over at Lo with a big smile on my face as I pointed at her. I could hear Jaime sigh, but before I did anything else we heard the familiar noise of the two Lang brothers entering the theatre.

Not long after they were followed by the rest of the cast. Halfway trough the read trough, Nick commanded a bathroom break. So we took it. Everyone else left the room, leaving only Mere and I alone. I moved a bit closer to here and asked, "so I see you and Dylan are still together" she looked away for a bit "yeah we are" as we sat there talking I kept think to my self 'wow here I am talking to Mere, but I feel nothing, Nick was right, dating someone else would help me move on.' Suddenly people started coming back inside and we continued with our read through.

(Meredith's POV)

"Honey are you ready yet?" Dylan screamed at me "you have been in there for an hour, come on, if we don't leave soon well be late" Dylan kept on screaming at me. I looked once more into the mirror, and sighed, this would have to do then. For the last 3 years Dylan and I had been dating, when we both finished college we decided not to move into the manor, with the others but instead we got our own apartment in Chicago.

As I got out from my bathroom I saw Dyl standing there in his clothes. He looked so stunning even though he was only wearing his everyday clothes. The more time we had dated the more the tingling feeling came in my body each time we kissed. As I walked up to him he smiled at me and said "wow you look stunning my dear" I could feel how my cheeks blushed. He took my hand and we walked to the theatre together.

As we entered the theatre everyone else was there and they had already started the read trough. Dyl squeezed my hand leaned into me and whispered "see I told you we were gonna be late" we rushed down the stairs and onto the stage where everyone else was. When we reached the other Nick got up and said "finally they are here! Now we have a complete cast" everyone else started to laugh and clap at us as we sat down.

A while into the read trough Nick commanded a bathroom break, and that we got. I didn't feel like going anywhere so Dyl left with the others, leaving Bri and I alone in the theatre. When the other had left the room, Bri moved closer to me and we started talking. That's when it happened, I could feel the butterflies starting to move around in my stomach, I thought to my self 'shit this isn't suppose to happen'. I started panicking because I didn't want that to happen at all! As I was about to move away from Bri the others entered the room, saved by the bell.