Chapter 18 - The Hug That Could Change Everything

Chapter 18

(Meredith's POV)

Could I finally be happy gain? As I lay there center stage I still couldn't believe what had just happened. Suddenly I heard Dyl's voice "heeey budy, are you okay?" I sat up slowly as I said "no not really, was it even a good idea for me to come with you guys?" Dyl looked shocked at me then pulled me into a hug, as he started patting my back he said "of course it was a good idea Mere, you are an amazing singer you belong on this tour, now tell me what's the real reason you are laying here crying" I took a deep breath as I cuddle more into the hug, let out a sigh and started telling Dyl everything "well it all started when we got onto the bus and should pick our bunks I found out that the bunk right next to mine belonged to Bri, and Dyl between you and I, I was happy that he had that one, but a part of me was also really scared for what would happen. And then this morning when we got here I saw him standing all alone center stage, and then everything from the last night we all had on this stage came back to me, including the kiss him and I shared, I once more got the butterflies in mystomach and could almost fee-" I got cut off by Dyl saying "Mere sweetie just because you and I are no longer together doesn't mean I want to hear just how much you like this guy" I could see in his eyes that the subject of me having feelings for Bri was still a touchy subject for him to talk about "I'm sorry Dyl, I didn't know. Well I saw him standing center stage all alone and I walked up behind him and... and we started talking and then he leaned in and was just about kiss me" I could see in Dyl's eyes the anger and sadness spread in his eyes as I told him that we're just about to kiss "but we got interrupted by Julia calling for us, and I don't know but a part of me really wished he would just have stayed back with me and finished the... the you know" I saw Dyl nod so I continued "but he just turned around and left me here, not even checking too see if I was tagging along or anything. What do you think this means?" I sat up next to Dyl and saw him smiling at me as he said "look Mere, sweetie I'm your friend that's why I'm telling you this now. I don't think it means anything, I know you don't wanna hear this but you know just as much as I do, he's been dating other people, and if you want my opinion I don't think he wants to be more than friends. If he wanted to he wouldn't have started dating someone when you and I broke up, I'm sorry Mere" I could feel the tears starting to flow down my chins. Once more Dyl pulled me into one of his tight hugs and started patting my back once more, "yeah you might be right Dyl" I said.

After what felt like minutes Julia came back to the theater and right as she walked in she said "there you guys are, we have been looking for you two for hours, but you were here all along" both Dyl and I stood up and started looking at her, she turned around and just as she was about to walk out she turned around and said "come on, we have a sound check remember?" "right, right" both Dyl and I mumbled as we followed her out of the theater. As we walked out of the theater I kept on thinking about what Dyl had said, he was right after all, if Bri truly had feelings for me he would have said something when Dyl and I broke up, but he hadn't so maybe it was all just an act back there. As I kept on replaying my conversation with Dyl in my head I suddenly felt his hand grab mine. Without letting go of his hand we walked hand in hand back to meet the others by the busses so we could go to soundcheck.

During the soundcheck I kept seeing Bri staring at me from the sound both, from time to time he would even send me a smile. I started feeling really dizzy, everything was confusing me. First Bri's reaction beack at Basement Arts and now at the soundcheck and then I started thinking about what Dyl said to me. That's when it happened. I collapsed on stage. When I woke up again I was looking straight into a set of far to familiar blue eyes. As I got up I recognized the owner of the blue eyes. They belonged to Bri.when he noticed me waking up and starting to move around he smiled at me as he said "hey are you okay? You aren't hurt are you?" he started asking me all these questions to see if I was okay, "yeah i think I'm okay" I mumbled as I felt him pulling me into a tight hug. As his hand touched mine I could feel the electricity shooting through my body, why couldn't he see what he was doing to me? I wanted to shake him until he understood that I was madly in love with him. I took a deep breath as I said "Bri I..." before finishing my sentence I suddenly remembered what Dyl told me. As we pulled apart Bri kept on smiling at me, I felt the sudden heat of my cheeks blush as he said the words 'your beautiful head' could it be? No it couldn't I was only imagining things. Bri once more pulled me into a hug, as his mouth was right next to my ear he whispered into my ear "I miss you, I miss hanging out with you, I miss seeing your smile, I hate myself for not kissing you back at Basement Arts"suddenly the door to the girls dressing room flew open and in walked Liam with his camera and started filming us. Awkwardly Bri and I pulled apart as we kept on smiling to the camera. Before I could do or say anything Julia walked trough the door and almost screamed at both Bri and Liam "guys leave! This is the girls dressing room, and as far as I know neither of you are girls, now leave" as the two boys left and reached the door I saw Bri turned around and winking at me. When Julia and I was finally alone she smiled at me and said "someone is popular today huh? First Dylan back at the theater and now Brian" "no, no I'm just friends with them nothing more. Back at the theater Dyl just came to see if I was okay, and the same thing really happened here, I collapsed on stage and Bri came to check up on me" Julia send me a devilish smile as she said "sure keep telling yourself that Meredith" and by that she left to get Lauren and Jaime.