Episode 23: Batman VS Spiderman

Last time on YJ Watches DB

(Cues Invader - Jim Johnston)

What everyone sees are two male heroes fighting in the night on the side of a building.

"They're the guardians of the night, the superhuman saviors of the lone and helpless."

Isn't that-

"Bruce Wayne, the Batman..."

'Wait... What?' *Insert simultaneous mind blows*

"... And Peter Parker, the Spider-Man."

A second hadn't even passed, but the jaws of everyone in the room dropped followed by an explosion happened right in front of the TV screen. Luckily, the TV survived without a scratch on it.

"Let go of my arms Clark!"

Blood immediately drained from their faces. Their heads turned slowly 180 degrees, now gazing upon the Man of Steel and the Dark Knight.

"Uh..." What was Superman to say? The identity of his kinda-best-friend was just revealed to everyone in the room. "Sorry about that. Batman was about to break the TV, but I shot at it just in time..."

Silence. Complete and utter silence. The TV was paused, and no one knew what to do now.

You can already guess who decided to break the ice first. "I think I put in the wrong disc." Immediately, Wally was bombarded with glares from all directions. Every glare came with the unsaid message of 'You think!'

There was almost no way that this situation could get any worse.

...

A light bulb lit in Zatanna's head. "Wait... If Batman is..., then Robin must be..." She gasped in joy with tears trickling down her face. She glomps onto Robin, burying his face deep into her bosom. "I finally know my boyfriend's real name! Oh, you planned this all along. Didn't you?"

Jaws dropped because 'that' was the first thing she processed.

Batman was not amused.

"Awkward..." Wally said hanging his head. Sadly it did. It did get worse.

"Every one of you!" Bruce points at the boy wonder. "Especially you, Robin." The now named Bruce called out in a very commanding and deep tone. "Explain. Now!"

Oliver sweat-dropped. 'To think this is the same guy who went with me to the Player's Ball last year.'

Batman walked up to Richard and Zatanna. "Robin. When you said that you and Zatanna were going to be honest with each other, this is not what I meant!"

"You want to be honest with me! That's so sweet!" She squeezed him even tighter.

'Robin .exe has stopped working.' Robin himself was internally crying. 'Why me?...Why not Wally?...'

Present (5 Minutes Later)

The tension in the room had calmed to a reasonable level, and Batman had stopped berating Robin for being honest even though he didn't do anything. Artemis was confused about who Zatanna was giddy about since she didn't pay attention to the news of Gotham's elite.

Batman stood astute in front of the group with a hardened glare. "I'm waiting..." His glare became, even more, intimidating by the second. "Is anyone going to explain to me what's going on?"

Clark was standing next to Bruce with a curious expression in contrast. He figured that Bruce would take care of everything and that he would get an explanation with him. All Clark had to do was make sure Bruce didn't do anything stupid which was very likely.