Author's notes

There is a tediously long version of my author's notes for bump floating around somewhere...  If I happen across it at some point it may even wind up here.  For the moment however, here's a short version which might even contain some relevant bits.

This story was originally conceived as an intended 10 - 12 volume manga nearly a decade ago.  Through the magic that is NaNoWriMo it is finally being allowed to breathe in this world - in novel form.

Information for any references will be posted as author's notes at the end of each chapter.  If I miss something important, please take me to task.

I look forward to any and all feedback  or comments you care to offer.  

Please enjoy it!

~ Dedications ~

To my grandfather, GCM - I don't know of anything that I wouldn't give to be able to spend just one more day with you on this planet.

To my dad, WLR - Thank you for choosing to be my dad; I wish the circumstances surrounding our connection in this lifetime had been different.

To my friend, DG - The most incredible artist I have ever known and whose off-hand comment back in our art school days became pivotal to the character of Jin.

And of course, to my own best friend and constant companion who was by my side through most of the major events of my adult life.  Who had, like his fictional counterpart, Lucky, a seemingly obvious name derived from a less than obvious source; the inspiration for this story, Stripe. 

tada arigatou