Five

Taehyung is nervous, he's in a shop to search for gifts. He remembers that Jeongguk always liked to play games so he buys him something for his computer. Hoseok, Jimin has said, loves small pretty bags, Yoongi and Namjoon are unknown for everyone so he buys Soju.

He takes his sweet time and the expected twenty minutes turn easily into fourty. Jimin informs his boyfriend who only laughs but can understand the boy's feelings because Jeongguk is nervous too, he's walking through the house, cleaning where it's already clean.

"Seriously Tae, come-on hurry up." Jimin whines behind him, carrying all the stuff now. Taehyung pretends to be interested in something that's for real old people. "Are you really gonna buy toothpaste for third teeth?" The older shakes his head in disbelief.

This rips Taehyung out of his thoughts. "Uh, you never can prepare yourself early enough." He grabs one of the packages.

Jimin groans, takes it away from him and puts it back. "No, you're definitely not buying this." The older walks to the cashier and waits for his best friend. "You gonna come and pay?" He raises one brow when Taehyung hasn't moved from his spot yet.

"Huh? Oh yeah, of course." He speed walks over to him.

They're finally back in the car where Jin is sleeping peacefully in the backseat. The younger boys chuckle at the cute scene and enter silently.

Jeongguk is drinking water as if he hadn't some in days. "Guk, if you won't stop you'll wet your pants later. What's wrong with you, why are you so nervous. Isn't he just your childhood friend?" Namjoon tries to distract him.

The idol finally sits down next to the taller rapper and sighs. "Yes he is but I feel so bad for leaving without telling him. You know that the company has a no contact people outside rule as soon as you join them. I didn't even tell him that they accepted me."

"Oh I see but I don't think he's mad at you." Namjoon places an arm around the younger's shoulder.

"Hobi said that he didn't know that I'm an idol until all of this happened. He must have thought I left him just because." Jeongguk rubs his face frustrated.

He couldn't tell them that he had a crush on his best friend back then since they don't know he's gay.

Yoongi hums, the songwriter and rapper understands where he's coming from.

The doorbell rings makes Jeongguk startle. "Fuck! They're too early." He stands up then sits down again, massaging his thighs.

"To be exactly, they're half an hour late." Hoseok corrects him with a chuckle and looks at Namjoon who's walking to the door.

They hear the rapper greeting them before many footsteps sound.

"Hi babe." Jimin shyly kisses his boyfriend before slightly bowing to the rest.

Taehyung is nowhere to be seen. Jeongguk looks behind them after Jin had introduced himself and wonders where he is.

Seokjin smiles when he notices it, he leans closer to Jeongguk so that only he will be able to hear him. "He had to use the toilet, should be there anytime soon."

"I see, thanks." The idol smiles back but it disappears when his childhood friend suddenly enters the room.

Jeongguk recognizes him but only from his memory and the old pictures. Grown up Taehyung is so much more handsome and what the hell, he's grown so tall. His eyes never leave the ethereal beauty who's hesitantly coming closer.

"Uh hi, I'm Taehyung." His voice is manly and deep, the last time Jeongguk had spoken to him face to face was a decade ago. Through the phone yesterday it was different too.

Hoseok hugs the boy, he can imagine how hard it must be for him. He wants to show that they aren't mad because it isn't his fault. "Hi Taehyung I'm Hoseok, Jimin's boyfriend. It's really nice to finally meet you. Sit down next to Jeongguk so we can start."

Taehyung turns his head, his gaze meeting the other's for the first time. "Hey bun- Guk." There's a big space in between them when he sits down.

Jeongguk of course notices the slip, a smile tugs on his lips but he doesn't let it happen. "Hi Taehyung Hyung." It sounds shy.

That it's awkward is an understatement. There's tension so thick you could cut it.

Hoseok the mood maker can't stand it so he claps with his hands twice. "Alright ladies, we are here to fix the mess this uncultured swine has made."

It makes the two youngest stiffen in their places because they were too busy staring at each other.

Namjoon pulls his phone out, searches for the screenshot. "I looked closely and non of them shows that you could be more than just good friends. It should be easy to tell everyone that you're friends for a while."

"I agree with Namjoon, let's take a few pictures with you both wearing different clothes at different places maybe also while playing games and then you can write a statement." Seokjin throws in.

"That's a good idea, Guk's fans know how addicted he is to online games." Yoongi turns to Taehyung. "Are you playing them too?"

The secretary nods slowly. "Yeah, Overwatch and a few games on kakaotalk."

"Perfect!" The second oldest smiles. "Let's get started then."

Jimin pulls Taehyung up, so does Hoseok with Jeongguk. "Where's your camera?" Hoseok looks around, asking the youngest.

"In my room, wait I'll fetch it." He's glad that he can leave them for a short while, too many thoughts are running through his head right now.

Jeongguk knows exactly where his baby is but he takes his sweet time. Seeing Taehyung brings back old feelings he had managed to suppress. The man had changed a lot. In the past, Taehyung was funny and had always something to say. The Taehyung now is rather silent, distant.

Jeongguk is aware that it could be the situation and that they're literally strangers now. There's also Yoongi, Hoseok and Namjoon, they're all famous and intimidating, well except for Hobi maybe. The latter has the ability to immediately befriend someone through his way of speaking and his behavior. When he himself had met him the first time, he immediately knew that they would be close friends in no time.