Seventeen (Final)

Jeongguk arrives at home rather relaxed, opens his door and even tho he's not tired, he wants his bed now.

Unfortunately his friends had other plans.

<<WELCOME BACK BABY BUN!!>>

Is written on a big banner in the middle of his living room and three men are jumping up from behind the couch, yelling the exact same words.

Jeongguk smiles, showing his teeth and runs over to them. He hugs his best friends all at once as tight as it's possible. Yoongi who was between Hoseok and Namjoon groans at the lack of space and air.

"I've missed you all so much, Hyungis." He's close to tears but they aren't in a better state.

"We've missed you too Guk. It's finally over and done, the last fighter is back." Hoseok hugs him again, having him all to himself this time.

They sit down and get comfortable. "So, now tell us, how was it?" Namjoon leans forward to be able to look at Jeongguk's face.

"The first one and a quarter year was really nothing special, I needed to learn everything and had small tasks." He's shrugging it off.

"And what about the remaining time? There was something right? I can see it on the twist of your lips." Yoongi nudges him playfully.

Jeongguk chuckles. "There's indeed a big thing I have to tell you. I've met my baby Taehyung." He waits for their reactions and they come immediately.

"What? How?" - Hoseok
"No way, daebak." - Yoongi
"Baby huh?" - Namjoon

Jeongguk smirks. "Okay I'll just start from the beginning." And then he tells them the story of their first encounter, the second meeting with numbers exchange and then the many secret texts they wrote and finally the day they had to say goodbye - it was yesterday.

"Oh my gawd, does it mean you both are together now?" Hoseok is their biggest supporter, that's out of question.

"No, we didn't label anything yet. He still has to serve for a bit more than a year and I didn't want to make it more difficult for the both of us." Jeongguk presses his lips together to a thin line, he wished that he could see him soon but unfortunately that won't happen.

After his friends teased him for a while about Taehyung and fate, Jeongguk has a question he badly wants to be answered. "Okay so. I don't wanna break the good mood but what about the news? Are they still talking about me being gay?"

The three older men look at each other before Namjoon starts to speak. "Well, when you were gone, it stopped relatively soon, the haters were the loudest, not gonna lie, but after being completely ignored they also stopped. Then two weeks ago you were the topic again because everyone knew you'd come home today."

"And?" Jeongguk asks when nothing more came from Namjoon.

"Umm it wasn't really bad, your fans are happy and since there's an other bigger scandal ongoing, the haters stayed silent about you." Yoongi explains.

"Oh you mean the idol who had a car accident while being drunk?" Jeongguk had read about it. He overall avoided the news about idols because if there would have been something about him, it would have ruined his good time with Tae and the colleagues. They all knew about it and never mentioned something in case there was any article about him. The car accident couldn't be avoided because his department had the case.

"Yes, that's what I meant." Yoongi answers, who's suddenly deep in thoughts.

Days, weeks and months went by and Jeongguk gets a job in one of the smaller labels called BigHit who has solo artists and actors under contract. It's fun there, he can dance after work and also use the recording studio to sing songs he has written. Their CEO sees how good the singer and dancer is, wants him to come back to business but Jeongguk declines, he's happy how it is now.