Six

A knock on the door lets Jeongguk come back to reality, he takes his camera and leaves his room. "Found it." He smiles cutely while walking to them.

"Great, let's take a few pictures now and then Jeongguk you can change clothes. Namjoon give Taehyung one of your hoodies." Yoongi instructs everyone because he wants to get it done as fast as possible. An album still has to be made and time is money.

Namjoon hurries to his room and Jeongguk gives Jimin his camera because he's standing right beside him.

"Okay, act naturally. Maybe sit down and talk?" Jimin points to the couch where they had sat before.

Taehyung stumbles on his way and Jeongguk reacts fast, holding him now tightly in his arms. Jimin takes pictures and is happy that he could capture the moment. Needless to say that these pictures won't make into to the statement tweet, they look too much like boyfriends with their red cheeks and gazes on each other which he can't exactly describe.

Yoongi groans a little bit annoyed when they aren't letting go of each other. "What are you doing? Won't you sit down and pretend to be in a funny conversation?"

Jeongguk loosens his grip and withdraws his hands. He clears his throat. "I'm sorry, are you okay Taehyung?"

"Yes." He chuckles. "I'm just a little bit clumsy sometimes."

Jimin and Seokjin snort at that. Taehyung is often clumsy, he either walks to the wrong direction or stumbles into something or someone.

Taehyung throws them a glare but doesn't have time to scold his friends because Yoongi's already pushing them to the couch.

"Okay, I'm ready. I'll just take a few pictures and you can choose the best out of them later." Jimin brings the camera up to his face and waits.

Jeongguk waits for Taehyung to start speaking but Taehyung does the same. They awkwardly look down to their own laps and fumble with their fingers.

"Oh god, I'm not getting younger. Can't you just talk about the past?" Yoongi shakes his head in disbelief.

Taehyung looks up, can see Jeongguk already staring at him. "Hi."

"Hi." The younger answers shy with a smile.

"I think it's time for me to ask for the reason why you've left without telling me." Taehyung badly wants to know it so he uses this opportunity to get answers.

Jeongguk swallows visibly, he can't just tell him that he had a crush on him and that it was the reason why he was a too big of a coward to face him and break his heart. The idol decides to play safe.

"I got the call in the evening on the day before I had to leave. Back then I was so focused on packing my things and saying goodbye to my parents and brother that I forgot to tell you too. When I woke up, everything happend so fast, before I could blink I sat in the car. I was about to text you but the guy who was sitting next to me took my phone away, he explained that no one can know about it before I will debut. Years went by and I lost all the contacts I had because my phone disappeared, I honestly don't know what they did with it." Jeongguk takes Taehyung's hands into his own but as soon as he notices what he's doing he drops them. "I really felt so bad but couldn't for long. The trainee days were so fucking hard and my mind was occupied with lyrics and dance moves. I was abroad for a year too."

Taehyung feels bad now too, if he would have known about this, maybe he'd have waited for him but he's realistic about the situation, Jeongguk is an idol, it's a completely different world where he himself doesn't fit in. Namjoon, Hoseok and Yoongi are his new friends now.

"Don't worry Jeongguk, I'm not mad at you. I really had no clue about you being an idol, that's why I didn't think showing our old pictures would end up in such a mess. I just wanted to protect myself and made it worse because now your career is in danger." He avoids the younger's gaze.

Yoongi is listening to everything, the same happened to him too but he still can't talk to his childhood friend. Jeongguk's company isn't too strict after their idols debut, as long as there aren't any serious dating scandals.

"It's not in danger, we are here to fix it and I'm sure my fans will be understanding. We don't lie after all, it's not like we are dating." Jeongguk laughs but he wants to cry. He wishes that he just could yell it to the world that he's gay but Korea is too homophobic.

Taehyung laughs too but it sounds weird. Jimin who knows his best friend too well can see through the act but doesn't comment on it.

"How long do you think we have to pretend being friends?" Taehyung hates the word 'pretend' but that's what it is. They've grown apart over the years, they hit puberty and went through it without the other. Taehyung's interests aren't the same anymore, he had started to love art and also singing. He knows absolutely nothing about Jeongguk other than what's online written about him.

Jeongguk has it worse, there's no information about Taehyung online so he's completely in the dark. To pretend being friends they've to get to know each other again. Jeongguk would lie if he'd say that he isn't excited but he's also a little bit afraid that his old feelings for him will come back in the process. It could ruin his career and with that his life too. He has worked too hard to be a successful idol so he doesn't want to lose it again. Being friends, real friends even, will be enough for him. Maybe the feelings won't come back, what he had felt for Taehyung when he saw him earlier was just excitement nothing more.

To answer Taehyung's question, he looks at Namjoon who's back with a blue hoodie. "Hmm I don't know but I think until the rumors have stopped."

Namjoons nods. "I think so too. It should be enough and who knows, maybe you both can become closer again."

The whole time Jimin was taking pictures. The different facial expressions are telling an own story and he's glad that they don't look like as if they are in love with each other. Not that he thinks they are, it's just that affection could be mistaken as love.

Namjoon gives Taehyung the hoodie and hopes that it will be his style. They not only have to convince the fans but also Taehyung's coworkers. "You can use my room to change, Jeongguk will go to his."

"Thank you Namjoon-ssi." Taehyung says before leaving.