Dates & Dez

"You got a little somethin' right there, hehe," Lucky chuckles, pointing at his own teeth to indicate that Trish had something in hers.

"What?" Trish takes out her phone and uses her camera as a mirror. "Aw, man. That's gross!" She picks out the little piece of food, then stuffs her phone back into her purse. How humiliating.

Lucky sees her frown and instantly responds, wishing to appease her, "Not gross, I'd say it was working for ya." He winks at her, hoping to cheer her up.

Trish smiles, thankful for his kindness. The date had been going pretty well so far. The dinner was fantastic, and Lucky had done a good job of making her feel relaxed. He's a pretty nice guy, and fun to hang out with. So far so good. So why did she still feel like something horrible was going to happen?

"Hey Trish!" calls a familiar voice from behind her. Oh, no. The short girl turns around, seeing her red-headed goof of a friend approaching them.

"Dez?! What are you doing here?" she hisses at him.

"I told you, I really wanted to see this movie, too!" Dez partly lies. Sure, he did want to see the movie, but he was here with an ulterior motive.

"Dez, I'm on a date." Trish says through clenched teeth, glaring up at the boy. Lucky raises a brow and smirks, watching the both of them in amusement.

"And I won't bother you, I promise! I'll just sit in the back somewhere," Dez offers, hoping that Trish would comply.

Trish glares at him a bit more, but before she could say no, Lucky cuts in.

"-Trish, it's alright. Dez wants to see the movie too – we shouldn't stop him. I'm actually kinda glad I'm not the only Bollywood fan here." Lucky and Dez share a high-five, while Trish just rolls her eyes at the two.

"Fine. But you better not cause any trouble, Dez, or so help me-" Trish starts.

"-NEXT!" shouts Walter from the ticket booth. He had been calling them for the past minute or so as Trish and Dez were bickering.

"Oh! I'll get the tickets," Lucky offered, wheeling off towards the booth.

"Oh, I should get mine, too," Dez said, following him along the way. Lucky puts a hand up to Dez, stopping him.

"No worries, buddy, it's on me." Lucky states, then proceeds to the ticket booth.

"Aww, I really like this fella," Dez looks to Trish and winks. "He's a keeper!"

"Uh, yeah, I like him, too. Which is why you need to leave," Trish orders, her vicious glare making a comeback.

Dez looks dejected as she responds. Did she really not want him there that badly? "But he's already buying me a ticket, and I don't want to be rude, Tr-"

"Why can't you just see the movie tomorrow?" Trish cuts him off. "Why now – when I'm here on a date with a guy I really like?" Dez had always been such a pain, bothering her when she'd rather not be bothered, but this…This is crossing the line. A line he had crossed before, she remembers. It was like he enjoyed being a third wheel on her dates.

Dez looks over at Lucky, then back at Trish. He put s a hand on her shoulder and bends down a little. He whispers to her, his tone turning serious, "I noticed how nervous you were earlier. I just wanted to make sure that you're okay. You seemed a little…Well, not you, for once. Just lookin' out for a friend, that's all."

Trish stares back at him, her look of anger quickly turning into one of confusion. "Wow. Um…Thanks, Dez. That's actually pretty thoughtful, I guess." She shrugs. "But I'm okay, you don't have to be here."