Mindy & Migraines

"Don't let her see me!" Dez whisper-yells into Trish's ear. She thwaks him at the back of the head.

"Don't spit in my ear, doofus!" Trish whisper-yells back. "And fine, duck down behind me," she agrees. Dez does so, crouching down behind Trish's chair.

"Let me know if she's headed this way," Dez whispers to Trish and Austin. "Last time I saw Mindy, she demanded that I get her a new MyTab. I don't have the money for that; I don't even have the money I owe Trish." Trish turns around, scowling at him.

"Uh…Dez, she's headed this way!" Austin warns his friend. His watching her, as a lookout, might have aroused her suspicions. The brown-haired girl marches her way over, a menacing look decorating her features.

"Your staring is freaking me out, Moon! Quit it!" Mindy demands. Austin's nervous and frightened manner is balanced out by Trish's calm. Trish looks up at the girl, unamused.

"Get lost, Mindy. He just didn't want you to come over here," Trish states nonchalantly. She starts flipping through Dez's sketchbook again.

"Why? Got something to hide, De La Rosa?" Mindy crosses her arms, trying to match Trish's blasé expression. She fails, however, finding it quite difficult to mask her anger.

"Actually, yeah. Dez is hiding behind me," Trish smiles in a sickly-sweet manner, nodding her head slightly.

"Trish!" Dez jumps up from behind her. "Why would you do that?" he asks her through clenched teeth. Mindy's expression immediately lights up, seeing her red-headed Adonis before her.

"Hey, Dezzy-cakes," she says, batting her eyelashes and fiddling slightly with her hands as she makes her way towards him. "Didn't know you hung out here. Maybe I should come around more often." Dez stares back at her, wide-eyed, a lump caught in his throat. Nervous, he grabs his backpacks and hides his face behind it.

"Okay, Mindy – I really don't get it," Trish starts. "You're a strong, confident young woman. You kinda remind me of myself, actually." She pauses for a bit, trying to gather her words. "Why Dez?"

"Why not Dez? He's cool, cute, and really smart," Mindy replies, pulling the backpack down and gently caressing Dez's freckled cheek. His eyes dart from left to right, trying to figure out an escape from this.

"We're talking about the same Dez right? This guy right here?" Trish points at him with her thumb. "He eats month-old sandwiches that he keeps in tubas and sneaks into Austin's room in the middle of the night to take his stuffed animals, y'know." Dez glowers at his curly-haired friend, feeling highly offended. She mouths 'play along' at him, as Mindy looks away in thought.

"I still want the Sarge back, Dez. I have trouble sleeping without him," Austin adds, earning him a look from both Trish and Mindy. He quickly tries to redeem himself, "Not that I need to sleep with stuffed animals or anything. Psh. Whatever." Trish and Mindy continue the look, and Austin gets up from the table. "I should go, I have a…A thing to do! Bye, guys!" And with that, the blonde singer runs off.

"Y'know, De La Rosa. You may have a point," Mindy states, turning back to Trish. "But…Why are you trying to stop me, anyway?" she crosses her arms, eyeing Trish knowingly, a small smirk appearing on her face. "You want him all to yourself or something?" Trish's even-tempered expression quickly molds into a disgusted one.

"What? Ew! You're joking, right?" Trish retorts immediately, completely caught off-guard by the question. Dez frowns, feeling even more offended. He crosses his arms and looks away. He had enough of the insults for one day.

Mindy chortles a bit. "Whatever you say, Trish. Don't worry. I get it. He's all yours." She walks away, not bothering to put up much of a fight for Dez at all. Perhaps she is finally moving on? Trish shudders at her comment, then turns back to Dez.