The Prince's Apology.

Mastueo Castle
22:02 PM

Run! His feet began to move until he stepped on a small box. It was the one she had thrown earlier at him. He picked it up and opened it. Inside was a half of a keychain. It said "Best." Along with it was a small folded letter that seemed to have been folded around a million of times to get to its miniature size. He unfolded it as in neatly readable cursive writing it read:

Congratulations on your marriage, hope this doesn't change anything.
-Hinata

He crumbled the piece of paper and threw it into his jacket. She must have the other half then. He admired the keychain as he placed it into the box once again. He sighed as he started running farther from the castle.

"Teme? Where are you going?" Naruto called out to him but it was no use.

There was no turning back.
Mastueo Village
22:34 PM

The village lit up by the many lanterns that were always surrounding the kingdom. The shops were still lively around this time as many tired people would stop for a late night drink or an emergency grocery run. The first place the prince decided to check was her bakery. As he arrived he was greeted by her parents who were dancing around.

"Oh Sasuke-sama, hello." Hinata's father stopped as his smiled dropped at Sasuke's expression.

"What's wrong?" Hinata's step-mother said for him.

"Nothing, Hinata isn't here?" He asked nervously.

"No, she said she was going to ball. She was so happy." Her mother said to the prince.

"Where's my daughter?" Her father said concerned.

"I can't find her." Sasuke admitted.

"I knew she wouldn't handle today." Her father sighed.

"Why wouldn't she?" Sasuke asked.

"Sit down, please." Her father opened the door that was patched up, hidden in the wall.

Inside the door there was a shrine dedicated to a woman who looked similar to Hinata. There were freshly red roses laid near the picture.

"Who's that?" Sasuke looked down.

"Hinata's mother." Her father said upset.

"What happened to her?"

"Long ago, during the war her mother was killed." His father shook his head.

"Don't tell me." Sasuke said.

"On Hinata's birthday. She was 5 when it happened right before her." Her father said as her mother stood silent also.

"Who would do something like that?" Sasuke said angrily.

"It was a royal guard. One of your people." His father sighed as his wife rubbed his back gently.

Then it all made sense. Her hatred for royalty. Every single word she had spewed at him made sense.

"I really thought you were different!"