16》"Maybe."

SPEED JUMP TO ABOUT A MONTH BEFORE SUMMER ENDS:

HARRY'S POV:

"Get off of me, you bloody twat!" I groaned from under Sam's weight. He wasn't that heavy, but it was like having another me on top of me.

          "Not until you tell me that you're going to ask (Y/N) the question." I struggled against his grasp. "It's been like two months, ask her already!"

          "I can't ask her!" I yelled and tried to kick him in the side, but failing terribly.

          "I'm going to punch you in the face if you don't ask her." He glared into my eyes. "She's stayed around this long, why would she run away now?" I finally pushed him off of me and onto the floor.

          "What if she's just going on dates with me because she doesn't want to say no? She's too sweet for her own good sometimes." I sighed and stared at my ceiling.

          "Remember that bloke that tried to buy her a drink? She completely turned him down, it was funny." Sam laughed from the floor. I joined in laughter at the memory. It was hilarious, she smiled awkwardly at the guy and tossed the drink into a tray. The guy was so infuriated and left the bar. "Why would she date you out of pity? (Y/N) isn't that type of girl. Yes, she's extremely sweet, but she doesn't lie out of pity. Ask her the question, but don't be simple, it has to be special."

          "How the hell do I do that?" I huffed while fumbling with my pillow.

          "It has to be significant to your relationship. . .what makes you two so different from the rest of the disgusting couples in the world?" I threw the pillow at his face and heard a groan. "Obviously I'm joking, but seriously, what's the best part of your relationship?"

          "Hmm. . ." I began thinking of (Y/N) and everything about her. She was so amazing. I began thinking about the fact that the majority of our dates took place in either of our beds as we watched old films or shows while being wrapped up in blankets and sweaters. "I can ask her in like a cheesy way, we love watching films and having mini dates in our rooms more than anything." I jumped up as I got an idea. "I can order some glow paint and paint a whole bunch of stars on her ceiling. Just like our first date!" I grinned at my good idea. "And then we can watch movies and yes, this is going to be so good."

          "That's perfect, Dude." He sat up and gave me a high five. I couldn't wait to ask her.

. . .

"For the seventh time, Love, keep your eyes closed." I chuckled while covering her eyes. I was leading her to her room and opened the door with my free arm. I stopped her in the doorway and looked over my work. There were bags of chips and boxes of candies along with bottled drinks next to the blankets all on top of the bed. She was wearing my burgundy sweater and a pair of black sleep shorts. I wanted to kiss her so bad, but I want to wait until I ask the question.

          "Is my surprise a puppy?" She spoke with a grin on her face.

          "I'm your puppy." I jokingly pouted. She let out a giggle and it made me smile softly at the tune. "No, it's not a puppy. Here, get on the bed."

          "Mr.Holland, I understand I'm irresistible and that you've been dying to sleep with me, your words not mine, but I am not that type of girl." She gasped as I sat her on her side of the bed. I shook my head with a grin before popping a disc into the DVD player and walked to go turn the lights off. Once I did, I jumped on the bed next to her and wrapped a fluffy blue blanket around her body. "Can i open my eyes now?"

          "Yes, you brat, you can open your eyes." Her eyelids fluttered open and looked around her to see all the snacks and drinks. Her eyesight then floated to the Tele with an old black and white film. She grasped the blanket in her hands while looking up at the ceiling in awe. My grin never left my face as I admired her beauty. My heart felt like it stopped when I noticed tears in her eyes. "Wha- Love, why are you crying? Do you not like the stars? I can paint over them." I rambled.

          "I love them." A tear fell down her left cheek so I wiped it away with my finger. "They're so gorgeous. . ."

          "You're gorgeous." I spoke quietly. A laugh escaped her lips.

          "Smooth, Holland." She grinned at me. "No, but seriously, I love this. You have no idea how much I love this."

           "I think I have an idea." I smiled.

. . .

"I won't leave you here, I'll be back, I promise."

           "Don't promise me that. I don't want to be here waiting for you and watch you fall in love with someone else."

The movie played and I watched (Y/N) make many expressions over the period time. Over the last three movies, I've watched her cry, laugh, and glare at the screen witching the last few hours. I haven't popped the question and I was getting more nervous by the second. I took a deep breath and turned to her.

          "(Y/N)?" She turned to me with a small smile on her face. "Can we pause the movie for a second, I have a question."

          "Of course, Harry." She paused the movie and turned her body towards me. "What's your question?"

          "Well. . .you know how we've been going on dates for a while, by a while I mean two months. And we've gotten quite close to each other and you've slowly become my best friend, besides Sam of course." We shared a small laugh. "Anyways, I really like you, and I know I've never really said that, but I know it's extremely obvious. I was wondering if you'd maybe want to. . .be my. . .girlfriend?" I waited for her reaction.

          "Why the hell would I want to do that?" My expression dropped and I felt a pang in my heart as my eyes clouded with small tears. "I'm just kidding, Love. Don't cry, I'm sorry. Of course I want to be your girlfriend. I'd be crazy if I didn't." She took my face in her hands and pulled me close before placing multiple kisses all over my face. "Do you forgive me? I'm sorry." I let out a laugh and looked into her eyes.

          "Yes, I forgive you, Loser." I held a grin and looked from her lips to her eyes.

          "Can I kiss you?" Her cheeks blushed after she asked the question. I loved seeing her blush over the smallest of things. I nodded and shut my eyes while leaning in. The kiss was soft and sweet. My fingertips brushed against her jaw. She broke the kiss and smiled at me. "Thank you."

          "Thank you." I grinned and placed another kiss at the corner of her mouth. She giggled and laid back on the bed. I lied down next to her and wrapped my arms around her waist. My face was buried in her neck as I breathed in her perfume. She smelled like lavender and honey, a perfume my mother bought a few weeks ago.

          "You make me so happy, Harry." She placed a kiss on my head. She let out a yawn. "Can we go to sleep now? I'm really tired and I just want to cuddle with you." I looked up to see her yawn again, a laugh left my mouth at the sight of her face.

          "Yes we can go to sleep." I grinned before getting up to shut everything down.

          "Can we think about buying a dog in the future?" She questioned.

          "Maybe."