22

Taehyung had been in his room for days, Jin had tried to talk him into coming out of his room again, but nothing seemed to work.

"Taehyung, please come out of your room." I could hear Jin beg, it was starting to affect the rest of us. It felt like we all needed Tae to be happy. No onne in the dorm had been themselves since his revelation, I think it shocked us too much. The saddest people smile the brightest, and the most damaged people are the wisest, or something like that.

Jin usually never got an answer from Taehyung when trying to talk him into coming out. The only answers he got mostly consisted of 'no' or little groans. It was very sad to be very honest. Jimin nudged my shoulder and motioned for me to go talk to him.

"Taehyungie?" I said and waited for a few seconds. No reply. "It's me, Jungkookie..." I paused and waited for an answer once again, but all I got as a reply was a groan. "Can I come in?" I asked, and could feel the intense stares of everyone behind me. I waited for a little bit and heard a *click* in the lock. My hands were trembling as I opened the door. Everything was dark. The curtains were drawn and the lights were turned off. As I walked in, I could see Tae subbing his feet on the ground as he walked. Taehyung sat on his bed and wrapped the comforter around himself, hiding most of his face behind it.

I closed the door and locked it in the process, before I walked over to him and sat down next to him. "Please talk to me." I begged and he looked at me with his sad and broken eyes. They say that eyes can hide so many emotions, yet here he was, looking vulnerable as if he had never been broken before.

"I-I didn't want anyone to find out..." He croaked, his voice cracking at the end.

"We're sorry for pushing you into telling us." I apologized on the behalf of everyone else.

"I-It all happened long before I joined BTS..." He started with a hushed voice. "Long before I found the people that saved me. I-I was never kind to you because I wanted to have sex with you, Kookie. My kindness was, and will always be, genuine. I just thought that since we had that c-connection, we'd be close... And I was too p-pushy. I'm so sorry, Kookie. Please forgive me." His voice was almost a mumble at this point.

"I forgive you, Taehyungie. But, please tell me what happened back then." I looked at the man wrapped in a comforter. He resembled a burrito, or a cocoon.

"I living with my dad in a tiny apartment in Daegu. I-it was very small, and my dad would always leave me home alone to go o-out and drink soju with his friends. W-well, one night he came home drunker than usual and h-hit me. I still don't know why he hit me, but h-he did." Taehyung took a sharp breath.

"It's fine, take your time." I comforted and embraced him in a hug. He returned the hug.

"A-after he hit me, he threw me to the ground a-a-and..." Taehyung started crying. My first instinct was to hug him tighter.

"Shh." I whispered into his ear and stroked his hair in an attempt to comfort him.

"H-He did stuff to me... He did cruel stuff to me. T-the abuse continued f-for a few years until I was finally old e-enough to move. S-so I moved to Seoul and managed to save enough money to start a new life. T-then I auditioned for BigHit and got to know a-amazing people who ended up saving me." He finished and wiped his tears.

"We do have a connection, Tae. We will have a special bond between us. We've both been through abuse, but I never knew the abuse you faced was so bad. I'm so sorry." I apologized once more. I just feel so sorry for him. "Do you want to be alone?"

He nodded and I left the room, only to be met with Jimin, Jin, Namjoon, Hoseok and Yoongi staring at me like they had seen a ghost.

"W-what did he say?" Jin asked me nervousily. I looked at my hands and sighed.

"Abuse is tough stuff to talk about, you know. I don't think I'm in the right position to tell you guys about his past. If you guys ask him calmly, maybe he'll tell you. But I really can't blabber and talk mindlessly about what he said like it wasn't a big deal."

"Jungkook, please-..." Yoongi started, but I cut him off.

"Yoongi hyung, with all due respect, stop prying. It's not your right to know unless Tae decides to tell you." Jimin gasped at the words I said.

"Sorry for caring about my friend then." Yoongi replied coldly. Two can play that game, Yoongi. Two can play.

"It's not called caring if you constantly pry and nag to get someone into telling you something that they clearly have a hard time talking about. And, I'm sorry, but if you can't comprehend that, then you're not a really good friend." I spat back, getting more and more annoyed.

"I'm not a good friend, huh? At least I didn't accuse him of only wanting sex." Yoongi smirked.

"Guys, calm dow-..." Jin was trying to end the fight

"At least I fucking understand what he's been through!" I commented. Everyone looked at me, and Yoongi smirked more.

"Guys, how can we be so sure that what Jungkook is saying, is in fact, the truth? We don't really have evidence that it was his mom who beat him. And we don't have any evidence that he was raped either. For all we know, he could have made the bruises on himself and blamed his mom." Yoongi smirked as he talked.

"Hmm..." Hoseok agreed. "What Yoongi is saying could be true actually. Everything Jungkook has told us seems a little suspicious."

"Do you know how much it hurts to hear you two accuse me of lying?" I glared at them. "You guys are accusing me of lying about all my pain. What kind of shitty guys you are." And with that I stormed out. I just abandoned the place.