Chapter One

Frost glanced down as the bail officer placed the tracing bracelet around his ankle, "There ya go Frost, always a pleasure." Frost glared at the officer as he shoved his pants leg down.

Pax stood in front of the bail clerk bored as she watched the cashier count the money, "So Pax, how many guys did you have to blow to get this?"

Pax smirked while moving her toothpick to the side of her mouth, "Well your husband was customer number fifty nine." The clerks smile faded as she continued, "Yeah, he loves it when you tug on his nuts just as he climaxes."

"You little bitch!" The clerk looked as though she was about to bust through the glass until there was a huge bang on the counter. Pax jumped and cut her eyes to an angry Frost, "Let's go." Frost nodded his head towards the door.

Pax gruffed as she grabbed her bag, Frost followed behind. When they reached the outside Frost broke the silence, "Why do you have to bust people's balls?"

"She was busting mine, and your welcome by the way!" Pax jumped into the passenger seat as Frost got behind the wheel.

"Thank you. I highly appreciate it."

Pax crossed her arms in front of her chest as she stared out the window. Frost sighed with relief as they entered their apartment, he reached down and petted their huge English Mastiff, "Hey Sampson." The dog never stirred.

Pax set down to her computer to check her new programs progress

Pax set down to her computer to check her new programs progress. "Damn it!"

Frost strolled up as her looked over her to the screen, "What's wrong?"

Pax angrily ran her hands through her hair, "This hacking program is taking forever! My coding is always off just enough for it fail the coding cycle. This. This is our ticket out of here." Frost didn't know what to say. Pax pointed to the kitchen table, "He sent you a new phone."

Frost opened the box and examined it, "You already put the block on?"

Pax didn't break her eye contact from her screen as she spoke, "Yep."

"How about the bracelet?"

Pax spun her chair towards him, "Ok letme see it." She attached a scrambler for the bracelet to read dead battery. She quickly removed it and placed it on Sampson. Again the dog never stirred. Once placed on the dog, Pax removed  the scrambler and smiled as she noticed the light had returned.

Frost tossed the phone into his pocket and flicked her cheek, "I gotta go play catch up. I'll be back but don't wait up."

Pax didn't say anything as he kissed her forehead. Frost sighed as he left.

Joker sat in the club VIP section as he watched Harley play with her next victim, "Fucking bored." he quietly thought as he rolled his head.

Frost was escorted in by two other bouncers. "Mr. J, Frost is back."

Jokers head slowly turned to Frost with his silver smile. "Damn good to see you. How'd ya get out so early?"

Frost adjusted his tie, "Connections."

Jokers smile eased, "My my, fifty thousand isn't easy to come by so quick. Even for you Frost, who paid it?"

Frost's eyes was locked to his cold blue eyes, "Pax did."

Joker leaned back with a cocked eyebrow, "Pax? Who's Pax? Why haven't I heard about them?"

Frost kept constant eye contact, "She's a friend. I had a deal with her."

Joker fluttered his fingers in the air, "Well, please do tell, what kinda of a deal? Is she your fuck buddy?"

Frost sneered, "Fuck no! It's not like that, I mean I don't see her like that."

Joker leaned forward, "Well, what kind of deal?"

Frost tilted his head from side to side, "I stole her from another mob boss, she's a hacker. They were mistreating her. I was hired to kill her, because she stole a lot of money from a rival gang. When I saw how they held her against her will, I took her instead of killing her. She's been helping me ever since."

Joker stood up and pointed to the other body guards to leave. Frost sat up straight as Joker sat next to him. "Where is she now?"

Frost slowly turned his eyes to him, "Why?"

Joker rubbed his shoulder, "I need her."

Frost leaned away, "I promised her.."

Joker raised his finger to his lips, "Shh.. here is the plan. Harley and I will go and get her. We will make her think you had nothing to do with it."

Frost shook his head with concern, "You promise you won't hurt her?"

Joker smiled, "Cross my heart."