Chapter Seventeen

Joker gently stroked Pax's back as she laid on top of him. Her eyes grew heavy as she spoke, "J?"

"Hmm..?"

"Why are we here?" She pushed off of his chest to look at him.

"Harley was the informant for Durlin."

Pax frowned at his answer, "She does hate me." Joker didn't speak, "He won't give up you know. Frost stole me five years ago."

"How old are you?" He continued to stroke her back.

Pax smirked, "I turned twenty last week."

Joker tucked his chin to look at her better, "And we didn't celebrate?"

Pax scoffed, "Its no big deal." She laid her head back down.

Joker remembered how Harley made a big deal about her's every year. He admitted to himself that in the beginning he loved to spoil her, but her neediness grew old quick. He wondered if could trick Harley into telling him if Durlin had any weaknesses, but that meant he would never see Pax alone again. If he could just get rid of him, she would be safe.

He snapped out of his unpleasant idea as she spoke, "J?"

"Yes?"

"What about the mainframe?" Pax's eyes closed.

Joker smirked, "Its been taken care of."

Joker watched her sleep as he caressed her cheek

Joker watched her sleep as he caressed her cheek. He swallowed a lump in his throat as he headed towards the door. This is the only way.

The next morning Pax sat in shock as as she read her texted letter, "Pax,

I hate to break it to ya, but I went back to Harley. I'm still a man of my word; once Wayne Enterprises is finished, I'll set you free. Make sure you don't try anything stupid, I have Frost in a delicate situation.

P.S.

Thanks for the lay.

"He would rub that in my face." , she thought. As she clicked on the attachment, Pax's heart sank. It was a picture of Frost in a hospital bed unconscious. He had monitors and a tube running down his throat. Harley was leaning next to his face doing a kissy face selfie. Pax never had felt such anger. "I don't give a damn if you fuck with me, but not Frost. Oh, J. too bad I knew not to trust you. Good thing I backed all the mainframe files in a private location. Looks like your board is going to rip itself to shreds. Plan B is a go."

 Two months later, Bruce Wayne is sitting in his sanctuary

Two months later, Bruce Wayne is sitting in his sanctuary. His boredom is interrupted as a pop up screen appears in front of him. He studies the screen with his full attention as the beautiful young woman speaks. "Hello Mr. Wayne, I would tell you not to be alarmed, but I'm sure you will find that impossible. Don't worry, you and I seek the same thing. Justice. I need your help to save a friend. If you help me. I promise I will rip Gotham's underworld crime ring a new one so big, a fucking Black Hole would be envious." Bruce actually smirked. "Please believe me, I didn't want to be this person. They hired me or I should say, enslaved me to hack Wayne Enterprises for your files. Honestly, I found your secret by mistake. Be rest assured that I don't plan to spread my discovery. If I did, I would lose. Attached is my phone number and location, but hurry; my next meeting with the board is in two days. It's actually a celebration of their success. Please consider my offer."

Bruce clicked on the file with her information and immediately started to research Penelope Andrea Xavier.