Chapter Eleven

Joker shook off the rain from his clothes as he entered the massive house. "Pax!?"

He strutted around as he huffed out his prey. He stopped as he spotted her little figure looking out the back yard as she had her arms crossed as though she was hugging herself. Joker eased up beside her as he looked at her flushed face, "You've been crying?" Pax shook her head as she looked down with tears making clear lines down her cheeks. He aggressively turned her to him, "What's wrong? Did someone hurt you?"

Pax looked confused and amazed at his question, "No. I just.. I.." She strolled away as she rested her hands on her hips, "The Lex Corp. I don't know if I can break his encryptions.  I've been working on it for two days straight and only gained a little progress."

Joker walked in front of her, but she didn't look up, "You need a break. Have you slept any?"

Pax rolled her eyes as she shrugged her shoulders, "Couple of hours." 

Joker smirked as he lightly pulled her hand as he lead her to the foyer, "Wait right here." 

Pax wrinkled her brow as she watched him go to the surround sound speaker. He fluttered his fingers until he found what he was looking for. Throughout the massive room, Chuck Berries, You never can tell started to play. Pax rolled her eyes with a smirk as he walked to her, "What are you doing J?"

"Come on, dance with me." He lightly took both her hands and started to twist making her do the same.

She bit her lip as she smiled, "If I dance with you this one time, will you let me get back to work?"

"What?! I can't hear you. Better just dance!" He looked goofy with a confused look as he spoke and danced at the same time.

"I said! Oh hell, fuck it!" Pax smiled as she gave in to him. He was surprised by her ability to dance. She giggled as he spun her around and caught her with her back pressed to his flat stomach. He smiled against her cheek as he noticed her sadness was gone. Pax made the mistake as she looked up at him so close. He tilted her chin up and pressed his lips down to hers. She kissed him back for a moment when she realized what was happening. He was in shock when she pulled away, "Oh shit! I'm sorry... I shouldn't have kissed you back."  He tried to take a step towards her but she held up her hand as she tried to retreat backwards, "Please don't."

Joker didn't listen as he picked up his pace

Joker didn't listen as he picked up his pace. Pax turned and ran up the stairs only to have her ankle caught as he tripped her. She screamed as he pulled her to him; but as he did, her white tank top rolled up exposing her flesh. He looked down and saw cigarette burns and cuts all down her back. They were not deep, but noticeable up close. He flipped her over, "Who hurt you?"

Pax laid still as he had her hands pinned beside her head, "The first man that made me a prisoner."

Jokers blue eyes studied her face, "I'm not like them."

Pax cried out a laugh, "From where I'm standing, looks the same to me."

He hung his head and then looked back to her, "Why did you run?"

"You belong to someone else. She will surly kill me if she finds out I kissed you back."

Joker traced her jaw with his fingertip, "No one will lay another finger on you."

"Except you?" Pax's tone was flat.

Joker bit his lip as he growled, "I can't help myself."

"Harley lov.." she was caught off by him shaking his head as he closed his eyes.

He opened them back to her, "We are not going to say or think of her, if she's not here. Got it?"

Pax tried to shift below him, "Is that what you do at your penthouse? Forget about me?" She had a tear going down the side of her head.

"Unfortunately, no. I can't with you for some reason." His brow was wrinkled with frustration. Pax tried to shift against him, but realized her mistake when she did.

He growled as her groin rubbed against his bulge. Pax pushed her head back as she struggled, "Please let me up. I won't run."

Joker reluctantly eased off of her and stood up.
He heaved her off the floor and scooped her up bridal style and carried her to her bed. He gently tucked her in and laid down beside her. He could see she was fighting sleep with the movement of her eyelids. She finally gave up as he snuggled closer to her.