Chapter Three

Pax grunted as she sat up in an unknown bed. Her body went stiff when he heard Jokers voice, "Sleep well?"

Pax rolled her eyes to her captor, "I want to see Frost."

Pax leaned back as he took a seat beside her in bed, "Frost is close, but I wanted you to know the terms."

"I never agreed to anything," she said with a sarcastic smile.

Joker smiled and pointed his finger as he eased off the bed "You are so right, but wouldn't be a shame if your years of coding went down the drain? Or maybe the police could see all those hacked ATMs footage that you stole, not including the money, hmm?"

Pax looked past him as she spoke, "What do you want?"

Joker eased back down beside her as he tucked a strand of hair behind her ear, "Ill pay you to hack three systems for me. You'll stay until it's finished. Once your done; why your free to go."

Pax turned her worried expression to his smile, "Just three?"

Joker looked at her lips then her eyes and nodded.

Pax sighed, "What about Harley?"

Joker leaned back with a pouty lip, "What about her?"

"I want her to leave me alone." Her face was stern.

Joker held out his hand for her to shake it, "I'll keep her on her leash."

Pax released her grasp from his as she noticed the loud music coming from down stairs, "Where are we?"

"A penthouse above one of my establishments. You should come down and enjoy the show." He eased off the bed and started out the door.

He stopped when he heard her voice, "Where is Frost?"

Joker turned back only a little, "You'll see him tomorrow."

Pax pulled her knees to her chest as he closed the door. She rocked herself as she hummed a tune for comfort. This feeling of being a prisoner was too familiar. She eased off the bed as walked to the window. She looked out over the night view of Gotham. She silently laughed to herself, "A prison with a view."

"