Chapter Thirteen

Joker quietly studied Pax as he tucked his shirt back into his dress slacks. She sat in a daze in the other edge of the bed as she held the sheet to her body. He calmly walked over and grazed her cheek, "You ok?" She nodded while still in her daze.  "I'll wait for you down stairs."

Joker stopped in his tracks as she spoke, "This can't and won't ever happen again."

He rolled his head and continued down the stairs. Pax sobbed as she hugged her abdomen as she rocked, "It will be ok. Pull yourself together. Never show them they hurt you." She eased off the bed and continued to dress. She fixed her hair and make up as fast as she could, took a deep breath and headed down stairs.

Joker tried his best to act normal, but they were both giving each other the silent treatment

Joker tried his best to act normal, but they were both giving each other the silent treatment. He stared at Pax's legs as she crossed them while driving to their destination. She noticed him roll his head in the corner of her eye. As her chest expanded as she sighed, he licked his lips as Joker caught a glimpse of her cleavage.  The silence was broken with his low voice, "I'm sorry."

Pax looked straight ahead, "Sorry as in it happened?"

Joker white knuckled the wheel, "No. Sorry as in I didn't mean to hurt you, since it was your first time. I figured.."

"They didn't rape me. They just abused me. He was waiting for me to turn eighteen." Pax looked down as she studied her presentation.

"How old are you?"

Pax smirked as she looked at a concerned Joker, "Don't worry J. Your not a child molester."

He slightly shook his head as he sighed with relief, "So, how many boyfriends have you had?"

Pax squinted her eyes with annoyance, "Um, none. Why?"

Jokers jaw flexed, "Well how many have you kissed?"

Pax squinted one eye as she thought, "Frost doesn't count, right? I mean he's my family. I've only kissed him on the cheek."

Joker gritted his teeth, "No he doesn't count. How many?"

Pax turned her sad face to him, "I guess just the one."

Pax jumped as he punched the car's roof, "Shiitt!"

Pax looked down as she felt ashamed. His chest heaved as he tried to calm down before the meeting. Joker felt as though he was walking into a death sentence while trying to control his temper at the meeting. "You're to set next to me today. Do you understand? No flirting with Dent."

Pax's mouth dropped as she felt accused, "I don't flirt! Besides, Harvey wouldn't do anything like that."

Joker smirked, "You think he's your friend? Get real."