Chapter Eight

Joker stalked Pax as prey with his eyes as she passed out her presentation. Dr. Jonathan Crane, Harvey Dent (now two face), and Oswald was among the criminal board. The other faces, Pax did not recognize, "Gentlemen, may I please get you to turn page two in your manual?" Joker watched as Pax took over the meeting. She looked totally different, her figure was perfect. Her make up, stunning and her hair was twisted up neatly showing her long neck line.

Oswald cut his eyes sideways as he watched Joker shift in his seat. He leaned close and whispered, "Ya ok there sparky?"

"Fuck off." Joker scoffed.

Pax cleared her throat for their attention, "As you can see, I am about to run a test. Gentleman, if you would do kindly place your phones on the table with the ringer turned on." Pax watched as all of the men complied. She smiled as she walked over to her I-Pad, "You are about to receive an alarming but fixable problem, right now."

All the men looked to their phones as they all chimed at the same time. Pax stood with her arms crossed as the men tried to stop the beeping, but none of them would turn off. One of the unknown men raised his voice, "What the hell did you do?"

Pax calmly walked around, "Calm down, earlier this week you all received an email from one another about the meeting; is this correct?" All the men nodded as the spoke to one another. They grew quiet as she continued, "Gentlemen, I easily hijacked your phone with the e-mail I sent to you."

Another man stood up, "You didn't send me one! Harvey did!" The men continued to fuss.

Pax cleared her throat again, "I disguised  it as Harvey's, with his permission of course to prove my point."

The same man spoke up again, "Yeah, but how did you get someone in the GCPD to give up their e-mail?"

Pax smirked, "I can be very convincing sometimes Hector." Hector adjusted his neck tie as he sat back down.

Joker noticed Harvey has smirked at Hectors reaction.  He didn't like her answer. What the hell did she mean convincing and when did she contact Harvey to help her. It must had been when he was with Harley. He growled at the thought of her keeping him away from his work.

He snapped out of his anger as Pax finished her presentation, "I am now sending you another e-mail that will quickly cycle out the virus's coding. You may look at my I-pad for reassurance that your history has been deleted."
Pax lifted her I-pad as the board passed it around. She then walked over to the screen projector and eased it down with a push of a button. "Now, as I would like to call this segment." She wiggled her eyebrows, "Shits and giggles."

The men looked to one another with question as Oswald turned off the light. Up on the screen a film started with the title page, "GCPD's Finest", the whole room started to roll with laughter as the screen showed the police departments most embarrassing footage. There was one scene when a cop was in the locker room in his underwear twirling his gun as he pretended to be a gun slinger. The man screamed out as he shot himself in his thigh. Another video was a body examiner dancing with a corpse. The video went in for another ten minutes. The last one was a police dash cam of a thug highjacking a patrol car. You can see the officer running after it in the back ground.

Hector slapped his leg as he laughed, "That guy works for me! Oh shit!"

As Pax turned around from turning back on the lights, she was surprised as the whole board stood and clapped with approval. Pax didn't know what to do, or say. She just gently nodded and waived her hand as she took a seat beside Harvey. Joker watched as he whispered something in her ear to make her laugh. He quickly stood and hit the gavel, "Meeting adjourned."

Pax smiled as all board members came by and introduced themselves and shook her hand. Joker was the last one but he stood with a blank face and hands in his pockets, "Time to go."

Pax's smile faded as she brushed her bangs from her eyes, "Yes sir."

She had the look of confusion and hurt on her young face as she packed up.