Chapter Six

Pax slightly grabbed her throat as she entered the main frame room. The humming of the machines was relaxing, almost like they were breathing. "Well? Will this be enough?"
Pax turned to joker as he leaned in the doorway with his hands casually in his pockets.

Pax nervously rubbed the back of her neck as she blushed, "Umm. Yes sir."

Joker motioned her to follow him, she gawked at the house as she did. He paused and opened a door to a massive bed room, "This is yours. Mine is next door."

Pax walked to her French doors to the balcony and looked over the massive pool and back yard. "I'm very surprised, this house doesn't seem like you."

Joker eased up next to her and looked out over the same area. "Harley likes the nightlife."

Pax nodded as she continued to study the out side. She didn't notice Joker hand turned his eyes down to her face. "I'll be around if you need anything."

Pax nodded as she kept her eyes straight forward.

Later that night, the two house mates ate takeout by candle light since the power was knocked out due to a storm, "Good thing I charged my laptop before this." Joker watched Pax fish out a lo mien noodle as she spoke.

Joker wiped his mouth, "I need the first system in a couple of weeks. The board is breathing down my fucking neck." He took a swig of his wine.

"What board?" Joker turned his attention to Pax as she wore a questionable look.

"Believe it or not, I actually have notorious criminal partners. Sometimes we fake the media for leverage and to throw off the police."

Pax squinted her eyes, "That's actually fucking brilliant."

"Tell me, how did you become such a geek?" Joker glared as he took another sip.

Pax grinned a quick sarcastic smile, "Boys."

Joker slightly choked, "What?"

"You asked. My friends dropped me in my teen years. They were more interested in what would benefit them between their legs, but not brains. I was seen as one of the guys; but then not seen at all." Pax was now in a far off daze. She then caught him off guard, "How did you become a psychopath? I hear they are rarely just born. What pushed you over the edge?"

Joker looked at his glass as he turned it as he was now in a daze, "Girls."

Pax snickered, "I get it. I can let you in my head, but not yours."

Joker smiled without looking at her, "You got it nerd."

Pax shoved away from the table and tilted her her head, "Dinner was a real damn treat!"

Joker threw down his napkin and smiled a fake smile, "My pleasure."

He could hear her yell as she went  upstairs, "Goodnight J!"

He silently smirked with amusement, "Goodnight Pax."