Chapter Nineteen

Oswald lightly knocked on Pax's apartment door. "Wow." was all he could say. Standing before him was a beautiful Pax.

"Do you like it?" She twirled around. When she stopped both her and Oswalds smile faded.

"Are you sure about this?" Oswald was sincere.

Pax sadly smiled, "Yeah, I'm so tired of running. I'll be ok."

Oswald nodded as he offered her his arm, "As they rode to the Boards Gala, Pax looked out the window as silent tears eased down as she pressed her eyes closed.

Oswald noticed as he sat across from her, "Are you sure your ok with this?"

Pax opened her tear filled eyes and smiled, "Yes. Everything is as it should be."

Oswald sighed as he handed her his handkerchief.

"Thanks for helping me do this. I couldn't of done it without you. I mean come on, those devices would had taken me all night to set."

Oswald genuinely laughed at the memory from the night before activities, "That was fun."

Pax held her breath as she entered the massive ballroom. She clung to Oswald briefly until it was time for them to part. He kissed her cheek and whispered in her ear, "Good luck."

Pax strutted through the crowd to find the event planner. As she gently moved through the crowd, she felt as though she was being hunted. She was right. In a corner table sat her ex lover along with a cackling Harley. On the other side, Brian Durlin watched her as she reached her destination.

Pax lightly tapped Mindy Stephens shoulder, "Oh Pax! I'm so glad your here! We are just about ready to start.

Pax showed a friendly nervous smile. As Mindy turned back to her party to excuse herself, Pax eased her eyes up to Oswald as she watched him switch out the jump drive for the presentation. He rubbed his hand through his hair as a sign that the job was done.

Mitsy smiled to Pax , "Ready dear?"

"Ready as I'll ever be."

As they headed up the stairs to the balcony podium, Pax looked down to her phone. It was a text from Bruce, "Frost is no more. Jonny Paxil is born."

Pax sighed with relief as she wanted to cry, but was able to hold it in. Mitsy leaned over the microphone, "Testing.. Testing. May I please have your attention. Please give a round of applause to Penelope Xavier!"

Pax smiled as she looked over the roaring crowd, "Good evening, as she said, I'm Penelope Xavier, but most of you know me as Pax. As I look out over this crowd I find myself privileged to be the one to rip it apart."

The crowd grew silent. Joker jerked his phone up as he received a text, "Bats has Frost."

His eyes then shot up to Pax as she continued, "Yeah, ya heard right. Let me show ya what I mean." She clicked the projector and the presentation began with the title, "Ball Buster's".

Joker growled under his breath, "Oh no." He pushed from his seat.

"What's wrong Puddin?" Harley followed him like a dog. She stopped as she heard her laughter on the screen. It was a club surveillance video of her having sex with one of the bartenders. She froze as everyone started to laugh at her. "Shut up!" She covered her ears from the laughter.

Next was Two Faces voice on a phone recording with Harley, "We had a fucking deal! I would get Pax out of the way so you could have your clown back, but now your going with Durlin?!"

You could hear both Durlin and Harley laughing in the background, "Yeah well, he's a better fuck. Ain'tcha Durlin?"

Pax leaned over the mike, "Who hasn't banged this woman, please raise your hand."

The crowd laughed louder. Pax looked down to an angry two face and winked.

The video continued to play all the dirt that she found on each criminal. They started to push and shove one another. The last clip was a recording on Hectors phone, "Durlin please, why do you want my shares so bad?"

"I'm going to take over the board and kill everyone of ya. After Harley kills Mr. J, my worst threat will be gone."

Joker stopped dead in his tracks and spun around to a crying Harley. "No", she shook her head as she ran to him.

He raised his arm and back handed her to the ground. "You stupid bitch. I should have killed you when I had the chance." He drug her by the head of the hair to Durlin, "Deals off, you get her. Stay away from Pax."

"Oh, yooo hooo.." Jokers face shot up to a smiling Pax. "I'm not interested J. Never was." She then leaned over the mike, "Testing testing." Pax cleared her throat "Yesterday I fucked a billionaire!"

She laughed as she gave two peace signs and pulled a detonator out of her cleavage, "Pax!"

She looked down to a furious Joker, "Yes J darling?"

"Your wrong about me."

"Oh am I? How so?"

"Frost was safe the whole time. I put him in an induce comma by injection. Harley wasn't there when I did it. I knew you would never forgive me if something happened to him."

Pax smiled, "Oh J, I believe you. I really do, but.. you could have told me. Also, you still wanted Wayne Enterprises files. You were still using me J! Just like always."

Joker raised his hand as she pressed the detonator, "No!"

Celebrate Good Times started to play on the speakers as hundreds of balloons fell. Everyone stop fighting to look around. Pax's voice came over the speakers, "Sorry every one. My bad. Wrong button. Oh here it is." Pax lightly squeezed the red button and multiple explosions erupted. As the place started to crumble, Pax ran to the roof fire escape. Joker pushed against a sea of people to get the the roof. Brian Durlin had the same idea. Pax heaved as she reached the top of the building. She was on the edge as Oswald came barreling up. She helped him into his parachute as the building shook. As he was about to help her do the same. Pax lost her balance and accidentally lost her chaute. Oswald was about to take his off but she grabbed him and held him over the edge, "Always a gentleman."

"Pax?" Oswald gasped as she pushed him over the side.

She stood on the edge as she watched him flow through the air to safety.