Traditions (Neville Longbottom x Male!Reader)

Neville Longbottom x Male!Slytherin!Draco's Brother!Reader

Also, I'll be including bits of Draco's appearance in yours, bc... do you need me to explain?

Neville's POV

Since the Triwizard Tournament was brought back, so was the Yule Ball. A ball in which one could dance the Christmas night away, with whomever he pleases. Well, almost whomever. See, Neville Longbottom, a clumsy, introverted Gryffindor, of all people, had a problem. A very large problem. It went by the name (Y/N) Malfoy. A smart, handsome, level-headed, just and ambitious young man. The problem? He was Slytherin. He feared being judged by his classmates. What's worse, (Y/N) was a boy. Hardly traditional. And the icing on top was that he just had to be, the infamous, Draco Malfoy's brother. Brilliant.

Neville didn't realise he was zoning off until an elbow nudged him. Neville quickly looked up, expecting one of his friends, but instead was met with the gorgeous steel eyes of (Y/N). (Y/N)'s eyes glanced at Neville for a second before looking back at Snape, signalling him to listen to the potions professor. Neville's cheeks almost caught fire then and there. He had to bite down on his cheek to stop himself from smiling like an idiot. (Y/N) cares about me! He thought joyously.

When they went off to their respective cauldrons, Neville quickly took out a small piece of paper and a quill. His heart was beating fast, causing his hands to shaky as he wrote the note. Once he'd finished, he folded it into a small paper airplane and threw it to (Y/N) when Snape wasn't looking. It was oddly brave of him, and yet he didn't seem to mind, celebrating in his head when it hit (Y/N) and he unfolded it.

Your POV

Meet me outside the Great Hall at dinner.

That's all it's said. Meet me outside the Great Hall at dinner. The note that had been thrown to you didn't have a name, signature, not even initials. Yet still, having full faith in your ability to defend yourself, you waited outside the doors of the Great Hall, for the person who wrote the note. You secretly prayed it was someone specific, yet you didn't get your hopes up. Besides, not like you two could be together. Ever. Or ever. Or ever. Shaking the thoughts out of your head, you waited. Until finally, the doors opened.

Out stepped Neville. Your heart leaped with joy and your cheeks went pink, though you quickly pushed that to the back of your mind.

"N-Neville! Did you write this?" Asked (Y/N), hopeful. Neville gave a shy nod, hands in pockets. (Y/N) grinned. "What's up?"

"I-I know it's not exactly right but... if you-would you-um," he stammered, clearing his throat. "Would you go to the Yule Ball with me?" (Y/N) stayed silent in shock. His heart felt like it was going to leap out of his chest, his stomach was doing backflips. Just as he was about to answer, the door opened yet again.

"Oi, (Y/N)! Come ba-" Malfoy glared at Neville. "Well, well. What do we have here? Stay away from my brother, Longbottom." He sneered at Neville. Just as he was about to protest, Draco pulled (Y/N) back into the Great Hall, leaving Neville all alone.

•••

You were walking through the corridors alone, finally getting some time to yourself away from your housemates. You still felt bad for Neville after two nights. He looked heartbroken. Granted, so were you. You had barely spoken to Draco, Crabbe, Goyle or Pansy. Some of them, not at all. Yet still, Neville seemed to be avoiding you. That made things ten times worse. So you walked around the castle, half-hoping to clear your head, but also half-hoping you'd run into Neville somewhere. Fate must love you today.

"Neville! Wait!" He was a little ways ahead of you, but you quickly caught up, grabbing his arm. The brunet looked panicked until he realised it was you.

"Y-Yeah?" He squeaked, caught off guard. "I didn't get to answer your question, so... Neville Longbottom, will you do me the honour of accompanying me to the Yule Ball?" Neville felt like he flew off the ground in joy. All he could do was nod quickly.

•••

"Ugh, where is he?" Muttered Draco impatiently. He and a few others were anxiously waiting the blonde's slightly (older/younger) brother. They had told them before where'd they be, so he couldn't've gotten lost. Could he? They were starting to think that maybe he did, when the doors to the Great Hall opened dramatically.

There stood both (Y/N) Malfoy and Neville Longbottom. (Y/N) was wearing nicely washed robes, mostly in black a white, but with a few trims of silver, green and gold. It was almost identical to Draco's but, in Neville's opinion, (Y/N) looked much better in it. Neville was wearing very simple black robes, with a white shirt and bow tie underneath. It was probably the only thing about them that was traditional. Thankfully, not as traditional as Ron Weasley's robes.

The Gryffindor held tightly onto (Y/N)'s sleeve, his knuckles turning white. The (h/t) (blond, brunet, redhead, etc) chuckled and placed a gentle hand on Neville's, slowly walking in with him. All eyes seemed to be on them. No one had expected this. At all. Yet the duo didn't seemed to care, for they danced, ate and laughed the night away.

holy fuck that took a lot outta me. but there you go cutiefemboy ! hope you enjoyed it :)