Bisque (Jaune Arc x Male!Reader)

Jaune x Lonely!Male!Half-Blind!Reader
RWBY (the beginning of Season 4)
Alternate names for this would be Aglow, Ivory, Allure and Divinity. Call it what you will

i thought bisque would be a good title because 'jaune' mean yellow and so does 'bisque' + they both derive from French origins. Also, please please please try and choose a name beginning with H, E, Y, I, or J. You'll see.
(fn/l) = first name letter

Ren, Ruby, Nora and Jaune, or team RNGR (or JNRR, if you asked Jaune), had run into a problem dressed as a blessing. A house that looked inhabited, due to the glow of fire they could see through the window and the smell of something cooking. The only thing was that although the house looked welcoming and warm, the front yard didn't. It was covered with spikes, spears and sharp bits of fence, as well as signs that they could only make out a few words from, but they were clearly warning signs. Even though it was in the middle of a forest, the grass in the yard seemed to be dying of thirst. Still, having walked for days with no proper shelter, they decided to brace themselves and approach the door. Or at least, Ruby and Nora approached the door. Ren and Jaune braced themselves. Ruby paused before knocking, banging her knuckles on the door. There was a loud crash a few moments after, footsteps, and finally the doorknob turned. The whole team was taken aback.

There stood a young man about the size of Ruby yet a little older than all of them, in a cloak and otherwise modern clothing, a trident tied on his back. He had one foggy eye, with a large burn mark from his forehead to cheek on that side. He was obviously blind in that eye, but his other eye was glistening a bright (e/c). He stared at the visitors with a shocked face, his pink lips parted a little. He had (s/c) skin that had very slightly paled over the short time he'd been there and he sported slightly messy (h/c) locks. Suffice to say, Jaune was hooked. He wanted to know more about the strange older boy.

"Hi! So, were looking for shelter. Can you help us?" Asked Nora, seemingly not phased by his appearance. The boy nodding before remembering to speak.

"O-Oh, yes! Of course you can!" His voice hadn't really been used so he cleared his throat. Still, one word and they were all drawn to the stranger. He stepped aside, letting them in just as lightning flashed and then thunder boomed in the distance. The boy closed the door behind him.

He lifted down his hood and smiled a little at the newcomers, then Jaune gasped and Ren looked a little shocked.

"You! You're from Beacon!" Jaune exclaimed, recognising him. "Or at least you were, right?" Ren continued. The boy smiled again and nodded.

"Yes, I am. You look like first years, how do you recognise me? Especially with all that's happened to me." He asked, leading them into the sitting room where the fire was. With a flick of his wrist, the fire seemed to grow.

"Of course we would! You're (Y/N) (L/N), apart of team SZJ(FN/L) (pronounce; Sage) right? Your team went missing while on a mission with a Huntsman in your first year. You never returned. What happened?" Jaune asked curiously. The boy who was known as (Y/N) sighed and took off his trident, showing the group that the once beautiful golden weapon was scratched and half of the handle was missing. The pearl that once stood proudly at the top was shattered, only a few pieces left.

"There were many more Grimm than expected. They surrounded us, at least five to one person. We could do nothing, not even the Huntsman. He got away safe but fled to Mistral, like a coward. I got this burn," he gestured to his face, "because I wasn't careful. My semblance is fire, I can control and manipulate what's already there, so I started a fire. It was all going well but then... I was knocked over. I lost control of everything." (Y/N) hung his head, trying desperately not to cry as he relived bad memories. "My friends were either burned alive or killed by Grimm. It was too much and I ran away to here, where I've been living. However, I'm just about ready to go back to Beacon, I've been packing. Are you students there? How's it doing?" He smiled at the memories of his old school and adventures with friends there.

The four friends grimaced and looked at each other, until Ruby spoke up. "Ah, actually... it's why we're here. Beacon was... it was..."

"Destroyed," said Ren grimly. (Y/N) looked horrified. He obviously has so much faith in Beacon and Ozpin, it must been horrible for him, thought Jaune. Still, (Y/N) recovered quickly.

"Oh my. You four must've been terrified. Are you okay? Here, dinner is almost ready. Sit down, please." He gestured to the makeshift benches and tree stumps that served as seats. Needless to say, Jaune was impressed. The man had already earned his respect, despite the younger having not known him for long.

They all talked happily that night, and Qrow could rest from watching over them, knowing they were in capable hands.

this was rushed but i have something i really want to work on which should be posted soon!!