Family (Hetalia x Male!Reader)

Hetalia x Male!Reader

Based on the song Family by Mother Mother (aka it's a songfic)
Also fun fact; Scotland was described as friendly by Hima, not an asshole @ hetalia fandom

Every country has had experience in love and loss. More commonly loss. It came from one thing in particular, relations with humans. They saw them come and go, live and die. A few even braved becoming friends with them, and sometimes, on rare occasions, something more. Yet a human's mortality always got the best of them. After hundreds of years, the nations were forced to make a rule. A rule to keep them safe, to keep them from being hurt.

Unless purely professional or political, relationships (platonic or otherwise) are not to be had with humans.

Germany was the first to propose this rule. France followed, then England, China, Japan, Austria, Wales, Russia, Switzerland, Greece, even the Italys, until eventually, it was set in place. Others however, were more hesitant. Mostly those who were more on the outgoing side, those who had strong feelings for those in his or her country. Hungary, Australia, Lietchtenstein, one of the only times she disagreed with her brother, America, Taiwan, Scotland, Turkey and Ireland all disagreed with this rule. Yet the number of countries who wanted to put the rule into practice outweighed those who didn't, in persistence, number and general loudness. So, it soon became one of the most important guidelines for any nation.

They got my blood up in their veins
I get a cut, they feel my pain
They got my heart, they got my soul
They know the stuff nobody knows

This rule would be followed for years to come, until one day, when the countries were hosting a world meeting in Scotland. They were all early and Scotland wasn't there yet, meaning the door to the meeting room was locked. After a bit of arguing, they all decided to wander around town. It was one of the few instances when it wasn't raining.

They walked around for a while, admiring the lingering cheeriness that seemed to hang in the air. After not long and some nagging from Austria, they made their way back, sitting on the steps was Scotland and Ireland, chatting happily to a young man with (h/c) hair, (s/c) skin and glistening (e/c) eyes. He held a young girl with brown hair and (e/c) eyes on his shoulders. She had slightly (darker/lighter) skin than him and she was around three years old. He was probably something like 25. He was laughing and joking with the Europeans, until Ireland spotted the nations approaching.

When we're out for dinner we're cussing like sailors
The people are staring and talking in whispers
"Hey what's with the strange breed?"

The man had left with the girl quickly, nodding at the countries. Hey, he wasn't rude.
Later, Ireland and Scotland were questioned about the young man. They refused to give anything away, only being silent when asked if he was human, confirming the others suspicions.

They is my family, they is my family
They might be crazy, but they is my family
You can't get to them unless you get through me
You fuck with them you fuck with me

The second time that they met him was less than ideal, yet they were still thankful. They were in America at the time, taking a walk after the meeting. More specifically, America, Hungary, Taiwan and Australia were taking a walk.

Taiwan was the first to see him. She spotted him from across the street, walking a large German shepherd. She excited gestured to him and they immediately called out, waving.