Eccentric (Kaoru Hitachiin x Male!Reader)

Kaoru x Childish!Immature!Weirdo!Male!Reader

If there was one word to describe a student named (Y/N) (L/N), it would be eccentric. The young male would often be found lounging around in the art room, running around the maze or hanging upside down from some strange place, ready to jump down and lightly scare unsuspecting girls or boys. Outside of school, he would often play ball games with commoner children, splash around in a public bath (much to others displeasure), grocery shopping with a maid in his pyjamas or lounging around his house.

He had frizzy (h/l) (h/c) hair, a delighted look in his eyes that never seemed to dim, smooth (s/c) skin that had obviously seen a lot of sunshine, due to his (freckles/tan). His ever-present grin could be maddening, yet it could also brighten your day. At least, that's what Kaoru learnt.

Before Kaoru had become friends with him, he thought that (Y/N) was just plain crazy. Eventually, though, he learnt to look past the immature, annoying side, and appreciated how positive and fun (Y/N) could be. He learnt to appreciate when (Y/N) would run into the Host Club at full speed and tackle him with a hug. Kaoru had become as happy and comfortable with (Y/N) as he was with his own twin. Of course, he still made time for Hikaru. In fact, (Y/N) would often hang out with both of them. Yet (Y/N) would always be Kaoru's best friend.

Although, there were bad sides to everyone's friendships. This was one problem that came with being friends with (Y/N).

•••

(Y/N) hummed, swinging his legs back and forth as he sat on a chair next to Kaoru. The orange-haired boy was trying to read., studying for an History test. (Y/N) wasn't in his class, so he didn't have to worry. Yet he still accompanied Kaoru to the library, inviting himself. The (h/t) was slowly growing more a more bored with each passing minute. He stood and walked out, skipping outside. Kaoru however just raised an eyebrow and put his book down. He followed his best friend outside and into the maze.

(Y/N) ran around the maze, giggling wildly. He wasn't aware that Kaoru had followed, but he probably would've done the same thing anyway.

"(Y/N)! Wait!" Kaoru called out. (Y/N) ran faster, laughing, "catch me!" Kaoru started to run after his friend, then grabbed his arm. "If you're going to come to the library with me, stay in the library with me!" (Y/N) smiled and nodded, starting to walk back while Kaoru sighed and chuckled, walking beside him.

When they got there, (Y/N) sat cross-legged on a chair while Kaoru returned to reading. The younger started to hum softly again, rocking. back and forth. Soon, he got unbearably bored. Until, of course, he had an idea.

Leaning forward, he plucked the book from Kaoru's hands, placing it on the table.

"Hey, what're you-" Kaoru started to say, only to be cut off.

"I love you, Kaoru~" Grinned (Y/N), sounding uncharacteristically serious. Kaoru blinked before processing what his friend had said.

"Wh-What, wait! N-No, you-I-we-you-that-that's not-no! I'm supposed to-hey!" While Kaoru was stammering for the right words, (Y/N) had taken out Kaoru's phone from his bag.

"Do you have any games?"

I butchered Kaoru's personality but oh well
and i know that (Y/N) was supposed to take out his own phone but i reckon it's more childish if he grabs Kaoru's phone instead
this was for Indigo-Blues_-