Chicaned (Thomas Jefferson x Male!Reader)

Thomas Jefferson x Male!Magician!Reader
(Hamilton)

oh wow another magic themed one shot nice one Ro

There was a huge cluster in streets, with poorer and richer women, men and children obviously looking at something amazing as often, they would let out gasps of amazement. Sometimes, you could see playing cards or perhaps the odd dove fly above the crowd. Each time, their eyes would follow it. This is what drew Thomas Jefferson towards the small markets in the first place. Rumour has it that whoever goes and views the things that happens there is sure to be amazed. Thomas wondered that if something so amazing existed, why not keep it private? To yourself?

Nevertheless, he hopped out of his carriage and made his way directly to the crowd. He pushed his way to the front, keen to see what people were making a fuss about. What he was looking at didn't seem like much at first. An obviously poor man was performing simple card tricks, a hat with a few coins inside in front of him. He looked up at the tall man, his (e/c) shimmering, and Thomas was taken by surprise.

"Sir," he called out to Thomas, immediately stopping the card trick he was in the middle of. "Would you come here?" He beckoned Thomas forward and stood up. When he was standing in front of the strange man, the man, the man asked, "do you have two coins I could borrow? I'll return them, magician's promise!" Still skeptical, Thomas handed the man two coins from his pocket.

He placed each coin in either palm of his hands, then he flipped them over quickly, trapping the coins underneath. He lifted his right hand and Thomas had to a double take. His coin had completely disappeared, there wasn't a trace of it. The man then lifted his left hand. Both coins were there, underneath his left hand. The audience close enough to see gasped. Thomas was wondering how the man did it, but he refused to let his wonder show on his face. Seeing he didn't look impressed, the man handed Thomas back his coins and began another trick.

"Sir, if you will, lean your arm against that wall over there." Thomas made his way to where the man pointed and leaned against it. "Now stay there, sir, don't move or it won't work." Thomas stayed there for what must've been 40 seconds. "Alright, when you step aside, I will move your arm with simply my mind." Jefferson stepped aside and found his arm moving up against his will. His eyes widened and he looked at the man. The man was smirking, his eyes trained on Thomas.

Thomas felt his cheeks blaze and he forced his arm down. He was definitely coming back soon.