Mysticism (England x Witch!Male!Reader)

England x Male Witch!Reader (1900s + Human AU)

Arthur Kirkland was having a little trouble. As a person representing an entire nation in the government, you'd expect a few complications. Yet this was completely different from that. He was having trouble with a little thing he practiced, by the name of black magic. He knew he could do it, he knew it existed, yet it always somehow turned out wrong, never going to plan. That fact alone was the reason he was travelling all the way to (country/or if you live in Britain; the North/South/West/ etc.) to seek some professional advice. He had spoken to his friends Lukas and Vladimir, who also practiced magic, and they had sent him to the person who helped them. Lukas had given him warning to say that if he was serious about learning magic, he'd have to stay a couple days, so he packed and hopped on a (plane/taxi).

After getting on a taxi just a little ways from where he needed to be, another (hour/half hour etc.) passed and Arthur came across an old-looking house on the outside of town, standing alone. Not exactly creepy, yet it gave him chills when he looked at it. He asked the driver if this was it, getting out when she nodded. As soon as he got his luggage out and paid, the lady drove off immediately.

Arthur walked up to the old house, looking over it. It didn't look very different from other older houses he had seen on the way, but this one felt abnormal to anything in London, which was known for it's older buildings. What's even more strange, the door opened as soon as Arthur raised his fist to knock, and he was taken by surprise, stepping in cautiously. Soon, a flutter was heard and a man in a dark purple cloak appeared.

"Shame. I told the door to stop doing that. Ah well, what can't be stopped, can't be stopped!" His accent coated his words beautifully, in fact, it didn't sound as if he was speaking, more as if he was lip syncing to surround sound speakers, as his voice seemed to circle around Arthur and wrap him in a blanket of uneasy peace.

"Now," he continued when the door closed. "Who do we have here? Oh! A fancy man has come to my doorstep? What a pleasant surprise. Why are you here? Magic?" The man asked, shooting small sparks from his fingertips. "Murder?" Suddenly, the cloaked male was behind Arthur. He rested his hands on the young man's shoulders, digging his nails in. "Or perhaps... you want a love potion for a special someone, hm?" The man was in front again, and he'd pulled out a clipboard and some glasses, delicately placing the glasses on his face. "Because technically I cannot do that, it goes against the law of magical consent, "No Witch is to perform a consent twisting spell such as potions, charms and the like." Yada, yada, yada. We don't want the law on my back!" He spoke quickly then laughed. Arthur barely had time to process what he said, but he realised that if he wanted to speak, the time was now.

"Sir! If I may... I want you to help me with my black magic! My friends recommend me to you. Lukas Bondevik and Vladi-"

"Vladimir! Oh, I remember them! Two strange fellows. How are they going, by the way?" He grinned. Arthur could see now that the man wasn't menacing in the least, just rather... strange.

"Well, thank you. That's not the reason I came here though." Arthur said. "And why did you?" Asked the man. Now Arthur was starting to get annoyed. "I need help with black magic!" The man's eyes seemed to light up and he grabbed Arthur's wrist, running upstairs and dragging him along. The stairs started to creak with every step and the witch huffed.

"Stop that!" He carried on, walking quickly instead of running, much to Arthur's relief. The Brit also noticed the stairs had stopped creaking. What an odd house. He thought to himself.

The man continued until he reached a hallway of doors. He seemed to search for the right one the found it, muttering something Arthur couldn't hear, then opening it. The blond looked inside.

There was a single bed wrapped in a doona, two knitted blankets and a sheet, an armchair in the corner, a vanity close by the bed and a cupboard for his clothes. A patterned rug took up most of the floor, the bed holding it down.

"This is where you'll be staying! Now, do kindly exchange your name for mine," said the cheerful man. He spoke strangely, almost hard to understand, yet Arthur got the idea.

"Arthur Kirkland, a pleasure, sir," he said formally, sticking out his hand. The man gently batted his hand down.

"No need for formalities! I am (Y/N) (L/N), at your service!" The man says no formalities, yet speaks formally? Odd. "Call me (Y/N) or (N/N), doesn't matter! Now, get some rest, you'll begin lessons tomorrow!" With that, (Y/N) left. Arthur got into his pyjamas and fell asleep almost immediately.

•••

A few days had passed and Arthur quickly fell into the schedule of waking up, eating breakfast, practicing, lunch break, more practicing, dinner and bed. Sometimes, (Y/N) would take him to get a treat, if he did a particularly good job. Ice cream and boiled lollies were both of their favourites.

Today, however, was Arthur's last day at the house. He had said goodbye to the stairs, doors, fridge, cabinets, tables and his wardrobe in advance. His magic and gotten significantly better and he was now able to even see magical creatures. Still, he'd gotten used to having the odd, slightly mad (Y/N) by his side. He was one of the only people that didn't seem to want to leave Arthur. So fate decided to be cruel another way, instead making Arthur have to leave (Y/N), his mentor and friend. Though they knew Arthur would have to leave sometime, the time the blonde had spent with the witch passed by almost too quickly. This was his last day.

When Arthur came down the stairs, they creaked lowly, almost as if they were sad. He knelt and patted them then continued on his way to the kitchen, where (Y/N) would wait. Except this time, there was no (Y/N) in the kitchen.

"Here!" Called (Y/N)'s voice from the living room. Arthur made his way over to see the (nationality) man sitting on the couch. He was wearing normal clothes instead of the cloak and strange suit he usually wore, and there was silver tray of breakfast foods on the coffee table. The blond smiled and made his way over.

"What's this?" Arthur looked at the array of tea cakes, bacon, eggs, potatoes, fried tomatoes and mushrooms, sausage, beans, black pudding and toast. It was paired with four cups; two glasses of orange juice and two mugs of tea.

"A... farewell gift, one might say. Arthur," the witch addressed the Brit, "you've been doing wonderfully with your magic, and I think you've earned this." (Y/N) pulled a wand from his back pocket, handing it to Arthur. Arthur immediately recognised it. The wand was (Y/N)'s, not the one he'd been practicing with.

"B-But-" Arthur stammered.

"Those are for sitting on. Now take it! I'm due for a new one anyway." Grinned (Y/N). Arthur gratefully took it and placed it gently in his pocket. Then, he leaned forward and wrapped his arms around the (taller/shorter) in a hug.

"Thank you," he whispered. The (nationality) man hugged back. "It's okay."

Soon, it was time for Arthur to leave. The duo shared one last hug before parting, sharing promises of visits every so often, so that (Y/N) could not only see Arthur, but Lukas and Vladimir too.

Mostly Arthur though.

It's done, it's finally dONE
thanks for help from my dude, cutiefemboy