The Best of Friends (Armin Arlert x Poliosis!Male!Reader)

Armin Arlert x Male!Mallen Streak Reader
(Attack on Titan, of which I am only on season one. I apologise in advance. This has no real place in the timeline btw but is meant to be preeetty early on.)

A picture of Poliosis or "Mallen Streak" is the photo below. It's a rare mutation that affects a small streak or blotch of your hair, your eyebrows or your eyelashes. It's the lack of pigment or melanin in hairs meaning one can't dye their hair if they have it. Reader's will affect his eyebrows and a streak of his hair.

(Y/N) walked with Commander Dot Pixis of the Garrison Regiment along Wall Rose

(Y/N) walked with Commander Dot Pixis of the Garrison Regiment along Wall Rose. He was a new recruit and quite skilled with 3D maneuver gear already, and not bad in the knowledge side of things. He was sensible yet lighthearted, kind yet unafraid. Although . He was quite average. Unless, of course, you counted his physical attributes. (Y/N) had big glasses resting on his face at all times, (s/c) skin with a few freckles and moles here or there and a glint in his eyes. But what's more is, he had one eyebrow that was completely white. If that still wasn't enough, he had a large, uneven streak of completely unpigmented lock that went as far as his messily cut hair went.

"So sir, why am I here?" The boy asked curiously. He suspected something about his hair. It always seemed to be that way.

"Your hair, of course," chuckled Pixis. Knew it, thought (Y/N). "I want to see what exactly it is. I also noticed you have an extreme lack of male friendships or rather, friendships in general." It was true. (Y/N) was friends with Sasha, and that was about it. Not that he was bullied or didn't fit in, he'd just rather keep to himself most of the time. He had hung out with Mikasa for a short amount of time while Sasha ate at Mikasa's table, but that was the extent of it.

"So," continued the Commander, "I want to introduce you to Armin Arlert; one of the smartest cadets (?) in the Garrison Regiment." A small blond boy who got nearer with each step, who  (Y/N)noticed earlier but didn't pay much attention, turned around. He realised that he was what you two were walking towards this whole time. He looked a little nervous but mostly inquisitive at (Y/N)'s hair and eyebrow. He shrugged.

"I was born with it. (Y/N) (L/N), by the way." The boy stuck out his hand.

"Armin Arlert, as you probably know. Can you tell me more about it?"

•••

Your POV

You and Armin became fast friends. You bonded over your love of reading, your preference of strategy over combat and more. Of course, you were best friends with Armin, meaning you had to at least know Mikasa and Eren. It took a little while, but you three became friends too. Mikasa helped you with combat skills, building up your confidence, and Eren acted as a beacon of hope and determination, whenever you felt as though you would fall to your knees and give up. You were still best friends with Sasha, your companion since the beginning. Still, Armin felt as though he was a different kind of "best friend". Someone who understood everything you were, who you could be. With his help, you had almost gotten an explanation for your hair, and a little something extra along the way. A proper friendship.

He trusted you with his dreams of the outside world, you trusted him with your deepest secrets. You created worlds together and put them onto paper. Worlds where the titans didn't exist, where everything and everyone was at peace. Worlds where there were predators so large and fearsome, they could kill ten titans in one strike, the end of this world altogether. Some would scoff at you, you knew it. 'Why waste time on alternate realities when we have this one that we need to concentrate?' They would say. Still, it didn't matter to you or Armin.

Sometimes, you wouldn't even need to speak. When Armin was upset he'd simply cry on your shoulder. No fake words were exchanged. No 'I understand' or 'I know it's hard', because you didn't. Both of you had experienced different things. Words needn't be exchanged, for the simple presence of each other there was enough for both of you.

Having you around grew his confidence too. He learnt to at least try to stand up to whoever whispered or made fun of your hair. He would smash them with his vast knowledge and made it seem like they were inferior for not having it.

You were good for each other, and everyone knew it. You two were the best of friends.