Seijuro Shin (Eyeshield 21)

GreenR: hey guys. I was thinking of removing the X readers from behind the shots now on. Since it's the only kind I have been writing.

Law: and still none for me. I am getting impatient.

GreenR: boo-hoo, you big baby. Get over it. Nobody has asked for you so I'm writing whatever the heck I want. And it is not about you.

Law: I am burning your Christmas skeletons.

GreenR: *holds a match over his hat* I dare you

Law: *slowly puts down a bearded Santaleton* you win this round...

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

You looked up to the tall oak tree that was growing on the edge of the park near your home. There was nothing really different about the tree. It had lots of bark and no bite. Bunch of orange and red leaves clinging to the branches with surprising stubornness. Nothing special. Except for one thing.

Cat.

Large black cat was clinging to one of the upper branches and meowed sadly. You just couldn't leave a poor fella up there like this. You took off your backpack and left it on the ground and started to climb. The bark was wet and slimy so you slipped quite a few times. But luckily the park-keepers had left the tree by itself by quite a long time small twigs were growing all over and you had plenty of foothold.

Finally you were up in the place where the tree separated to three larger branches and you had to start to crawl towards the cat by one of them, holding on to it with you dear life. Cat meowed loudly once again and you looked up, distracted, and lost the hold. You fell.

Two minutes later someone passed by the tree on his morning run (who even runs in mornings? Only crazy people. Wait. I do too, nevermind) and saw you clinging to the branch with both hands. And one leg. Cat had walked over to you and was interestedly patting your hands with it's paws, tickling you.

"Let go you adorable beast," you hissed, sweat beading on your forehead. Your arms were tired and palms were slipping on the branch. You had managed to throw one foot over the branch so it was hurting your knee, but at least you weren't falling yet. "L't go," you said again to cat and tried to wave it away, but had to hold on at once. You that someone under the tree, looking up, slightly confused.

"Hey buddy," you looked down. Bad idea. "How's your catching?"

".........."

"Please answer me before next century," you said, joking despite the hurt of splinters in your palms and knee. "Nevermind. I need your help. Can you come down here and catch the cat?"

Instead of answering he took few steps closer and you took a slight breath in. Strenghtening the grip on one hand you pushed cat with other so it fell on you lap, claws digging into your skin and uniform. Then you let go.

Falling.

Falling.

Falling.

And then you were caught by two arms. Arms were of course still attached to the weird boy and you appreciated it. It would have been truly weird if there were just arms. And you know, maybe a little traumatizing too. Floating arms. Heh. Florms.

"Thanks," you muttered when you got the breath back into you. Cat kicked you in the face and left behind pinkish marks of claws, so you let it go and it ran off. Dammit. "I mean, thanks," you repeated a little louder and grinned when he put you down.

"Sorry I didn't really warn ya. But you're good at catching people falling from sky. Basketball?" You guessed but he shook his head a bit. "Oh okay, I'm Y/-oh fuck," while introducing yourself you had stretched out your arm and accidentally taken a look at the watch.