Ichida Shouya (Koe no Katachi)

GreenR: I don't know how many of you watch the winter olympics, but please check out what Japan did this year for the team figure skating. I almost died laughing there.

Law: that maniacal cackling still haunts me dreams.....*gets hit by a piano*

GreenR: *suddenly looks really exhausted* it's MY not ME! You're not a pirate! Oh wait...nevermind

  Nice readin' guys!!!

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

You didn't know when was the first time you started noticing him. Maybe it was around spring, the beginning of the new schoolyear. The new year for you, as it was your first in that school. You weren't the only one though. The new kid I mean. There was one more. A girl.

The girl was deaf. At first you thought she was kind of nice. She tried to make friends even though the other kids made fun of her, called her names, despised her. You thought about ways to make them stop, but you were always too much of a coward, too scared for your own fragile position in the class to actually do something.

After some time, the bullying got worse. Until it was so bad, she had to leave. It made you mad. You were angry at yourself, often thinking what you could have done to help her. You were also angry at your classmates for being such jerks to her. But you were so ashamed of yourself you never told them that.

After the girl, (her name was Shouko, but you never called her anything else but "girl" in your head) left, the class turned at the one who had been the leader of the bullies. It made you despise them even more. Such two-faced beings. He hadn't been the only one to be mean to the girl, but still they acted like he was the main baddie, and they were just innocents caught in the crossfire.

So the whole circle began again. But this time the target wasn't the girl anymore, it was a boy. At first you thought he had earned it. But then you realised that this thought made you as bad as the rest of the class. So you pitied him, a little. But this passed as well.

One day, when the classes were over and you were heading home, after another successful six hours of being invisible (even teacher often forgot you were in the class, let's not speak about the other children. You were basically a phantom without the opera), when you saw him muddling through the small pool in the schoolyard, catching his things from water.

You recalled seeing that picture before. At first, there had been the girl doing the same thing, but now it was him, almost every day after school. Not almost. Just every day. You wondered if he could even read his textbooks anymore or were they completely ruined with water.

You looked at him for a bit, then put your backpack aside and walked in the water as well, picking up drowning pages of Maths homework. He sniffed violently when he saw you, trying to hide the fact he had been crying. How prideful. Or just stupid. You pretended not to notice and took a handful of pens, setting them on the rock at the edge of the pool.

"Is that all?" You finally asked when all seemed to have been picked up from the water. Boy nodded a little and wiped his nose with his hand. You shuffled through your pockets and found a handkerchief. It was wet just like your schoolclothes, but you gave it to him anyways. He blew his nose.

"Thanks," he said awkwardly, offering you the hankie back. You said no. It was a little gross.

"You should set them out to dry," you pointed at the papers. "Or try to iron them."

"I'll....why did you help me?" He finally burst out the question that seemed to have strangled him all the time you had helped him.

"You're my classmate," you said slowly, picking up your backpack and shuffling with its straps to make it sit better on your back. "And it wasn't nice what they did."