Eustass Kidd (One Piece)

GreenR: guuuyyyyssss!!! Almost Christmas!!!!!

And that means I have a very important question to you. It's so incredibly important it might even decide the fate of the Universe.

Have you been good children?

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

"Move left," cracking voice sounded in your earpiece and you did as it had said, speeding around the corner of block house. "We are cornering the smaller one. Car should be there."

"On it," you barely breathed the words out and sneaked to the back of the house.

There stood a large black van, and next to it stood a tall man. It was dark so you couldn't see his face. That didn't help either that he had a black mask over his face.

You moved slowly closer, with one hand making sure you had a gun securedly put away on your back. You didn't want the thief grab it when things got bad and let him use it. But you didn't take the gun out because last report had said these robbers went around unarmed, and it would have been wrong to attack unarmed person with gun. Both morally and legally.

Instead you made sure the handcuffs were on you and that you still remembered these few moves from takwondo classes you had taken when you were sixteen. All was well. Well, not that well with taekwondo bit, but you were pretty sure you could still protect yourself. Why, oh why wasn't there any backup with you?

You ran for the short lenght and hid behind the side of the van. Few short breaths later you wiped your sweaty hands into your thick blue jeans. You brushed stray strands of hair out of your face and jumped out.

"This is police!" You yelled. Yelling was the one way you could hide the fact your voice was probably cracking up a little. "Give it up!"

Instead of running away like you would have assumed, he turned at you and attacked. That was a little scary.

Now, lets be honest here. You had been a police officer for quite a couple of years already, and so far you had been okay at it. Not a star cop exactly, but not a bad one either. Yet you were still always nervous when you had to charge out alone, or go against an opponent that was a bit bigger than you. Well, lets be real, a lot bigger in this case.

After your shout you had barely two seconds to dodge a hit coming from above. This done you moved left and, quick as a flash, kicked the robber in the ribs with one of your nail-soled boots.

Maybe the surprise of the attack was enough, because you managed to corner him against the side of the van. Certainly what did that couldn't have been your strenght, because although there was some of that, still not enough to kick over that damned closet.

He got up again and charged at you, you tried out for another kick, but this time he caught your leg. Ow, fucking hell. That really hurt. Was he trying to break your leg or something!? Probably.

You were going out for the supercop move and almost sprained your leg doing that, but managed to get on his back. Then you just fell back with all your might, pulling him along with you. About two milliseconds later you understood the downside of your plan, but then it was too late.

You crashed on the heavy pavement so hard, you thought you must have broken something in your butt or back. Then he came crashing down on top of you and you realised how ham must feel between a sandwich. Your breath was knocked out of you, but still you managed to get out the handcuffs and snap them around his wrists.

You wriggled your foot free and got up, helping the suspect as well. Then you heard the noise from the street coming. Your backup. Well, better late than never, eh?