Alphonse Elric (Fullmetal Alchemist)

GreenR: so anyways, a Hogwarts AU this time, because I like Harry Potter. And it's really my luck you guys don't often specify what you request. :) :)

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

"Umh!" You plopped down on the soft couch of the Hufflepuff common room and threw your feet over one of the armrests so you could lay down comfily. "Why are exams....why were exams invented!?"

"To test your knowledge," Alphonse said strictly and picked up the Herbology book you had thrown on the ground in your fit. "And they aren't going to cancel them no matter how you wail."

".....that's a cool word," you finally said, taking your book from him but still making no effort to get up from the couch.

"What? Knowledge?"

"Nah, wail," you said, tasting the word on your tongue. It was little sweet and salty. Like tears. "Waiiiiilllll. I like it. Sounds melodramatic."

"Brilliant. Now study, so you don't get extra summer work," you hit Al's shoulder with your book and poked your tongue out. Alert, we are dealing with five-year-olds here.

"I don't need to study," you said, getting more comfortable and wiggling little upwards on the couch so you could use Al's thigh as a pillow.

"Oh so you already know everything?" He frowned lightly. Unlike you, he really liked studying and would have liked to get back to it right now. Sometimes you even thought if he had been better off in Ravenclaw. But you didn't think about it too much. If he had been with Ravens you couldn't hang out with him in the common room all the time. And just think what fun things would be nonexistant then. For example, that statue of an house-elf in the corner, made of marshmallows.

"Absolutely," you said confidently. "Ask me any question and you'll see."

"Alright then, how do you recognise Dragon's Breath?"

"It's usually attached to a dragon," way off the mark. But at least teachers would have some fun reading your answers in few days.

"Wrong," Al sighed. "Have you...did you open that book even once this year?"

".....yes....no," you admitted. Technically you had opened it. To hide your Silver Surfer comic behind it. But that must have counted for something. At least you hoped so. Really hoped.

"One more chance," you said upon seeing his horrified face. He thought you were going to fail. Psh. Unbeliever. There is no failing. You either succeed, or learn something new.

"Okay. Name me three edible fungi."

"All fungi are edible," you moved your head lightly to lean it against his stomach. "Some fungi are just edible only once."

You had eaten a little too much at dinner, so now you felt really warm and full. And that made you sleepy. You buried your face in Al's crumpled dirt brown sweater, closing your eyes. He smelled like apples. And for some reason, fire. You made a mental note to listen out later if anything had been blown up or set around fire around the castle. Just in case.

You peeked through your lashes upwards to see his face. Hmmm. The eyebrows were still there. Usually when he played with fire he managed to burn them off. It was really funny when he did, because it gave him continuously surprised expression.

"They're not going to accept that answer," he made one last attempt to get you to study. "Come on, I'll buy you candy if you at least try to read the notes."

You opened one eye, looking at him as a cat would look at easy prey. Everything is easy prey for cats. They are cats.

"What candy?" You are so easy to win over.